Manager, Catering Operations MLSQ
Maple Leaf Sports & Entertainment (MLSE) one of the world's premier sports and entertainment companies, owns the Toronto Maple Leafs (NHL), Toronto Raptors (NBA), Toronto FC (MLS), Toronto Argonauts (CFL), Toronto Marlies (AHL), Raptors 905 (NBA D-League), TFC II (USL) and Raptors Uprising Gaming Club, the Toronto Raptors Esports franchise in the NBA 2K League. Its charitable arm, MLSE Foundation, focuses on funding initiatives to support youth through sport and recreational programs. In 2017 MLSE Foundation, with support of community and corporate partners, built MLSE LaunchPad, a 42,000-sq. ft. space dedicated to programming that support its four Pillars: Healthy Body, Healthy Mind, Ready For School and Ready For Work.
MLSE also owns and operates Scotiabank Arena, Canada’s premier sports & entertainment venue hosting more than 200 events each year, as well as two digital channels (Leafs Nation Network and NBA TV Canada), and has a partnership with Live Nation (the biggest concert promoter in the world). MLSE has also invested in and operates five of Toronto's sports facilities – Coca-Cola Coliseum, BMO Field, BMO Training Grounds at Downsview Park, home of Toronto FC's Academy and the First Team's practice facility, the Toronto Raptors’ training facility and the MasterCard Centre for Hockey Excellence, the practice facility for the Maple Leafs and Marlies.
MLSE’s common purpose is to unite and empower employees to deliver extraordinary moments to our fans and each other.
Who We Are:
We celebrate the diversity, individuality, and personality of our peers, striving to be the best in class, in every class. We believe in Respect, Resilience, Commitment, and Ambition. We work for, with, and around the people that inspire us to try, persist, and achieve more.
Our work goes beyond games, seasons, trophies, and tours. Our success is measured by more than a scoreboard. Our team is stronger when we stand united. We create, we celebrate, we build, and we become better!
What we choose to do next, means everything! It defines greatness, builds character, makes history, and brings the world to its feet.
As a valuable member of the MLSE catering team, you will be responsible for overseeing all event operations in Real Sports & e11even restaurant. You will lead a team to deliver championship fan service and event execution to guests and clients during a variety of corporate & social events.
- Coordinate staffing levels & event logistics, ordering rentals, supplies and ensuring accurate decor for every event
- Prepare and organize set up outlines, production sheets, seating plans
- Delegate pre- and post-service tasks to catering staff and supervisor team
- Oversee expedition of BEOs, liaising with the kitchen and client / food to the dining room
- Manage the floor during the event service; respond to client & guest concerns
- Ensure order discrepancies are quickly resolved in a calm and professional manner
- Ensure closing duties are completed with attention to detail
- Document service issues and resolutions
- Produce post event evaluation reports including financial data entry and overall analysis
- Facilitate weekly BEO Meetings, stay informed of updates via change log
- Supervise, train, develop, and motivate the supervisors and Catering Ops teams
- Lead by example in team management and development, utilizing a “one team” approach; ensure departmental integrity and winning vision are intact.
- Assist with other administrative functions including employee performance reviews
- Communicate details for each event to the assistant manager and event supervisors
- Adhere to MLSE service standards and policies
- Follow all MLSE Health & Safety policies and procedures
- Work in compliance with the provisions of the Occupational Health & Safety Act
- Must be able to effectively manage and oversee multiple events
- Perform other duties as required; work independently
- 3+ years of management experience within the events/catering industry
- Excellent organizational and communication skills
- An ongoing awareness and responsiveness to client satisfaction, with high expectations for quality
- Confident user of MS Office, inventory and POS programs- experience with TripleSeat an asset
- Experienced with operational budget management and cost control measures
- Exceptional interpersonal, presentation and communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to build and develop professional relationships
- Ability to communicate, motivate and lead effectively
- A proactive approach toward day-to-day activities and shifting demands
- An effective problem solver, driven by results and alert to change
- Shown to perform well under pressure; manage and lead multiple priorities simultaneously
- Trained in WHMIS, Smart Serve, ServSafe, NFSTP or equivalent
- Skilled knowledge of food, wine, beer and spirits
- Flexibility to work evenings, weekends and holidays as the need arises
- A winning attitude
Apply by: February 1st, 2022
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Maple Leaf Sports & Entertainment Partnership will provide reasonable accommodation for qualified individuals with disabilities in the job application process. If you have difficulty using our online application system and you need an accommodation due to a disability, please email [email protected] Please note this email is only for accommodation requests. Resumes sent to this email address will not be considered.