Senior Director, Solution Design & Delivery
- 50 Bay St., Toronto, ON M5J 3A5, Canada
Maple Leaf Sports & Entertainment (MLSE) one of the world's premier sports and entertainment companies, owns the Toronto Maple Leafs (NHL), Toronto Raptors (NBA), Toronto FC (MLS), Toronto Argonauts (CFL), Toronto Marlies (AHL), Raptors 905 (NBA D-League), TFC II (USL) and Raptors Uprising Gaming Club, the Toronto Raptors Esports franchise in the NBA 2K League. Its charitable arm, MLSE Foundation, focuses on funding initiatives to support youth through sport and recreational programs. In 2017 MLSE Foundation, with support of community and corporate partners, built MLSE LaunchPad, a 42,000-sq. ft. space dedicated to programming that support its four Pillars: Healthy Body, Healthy Mind, Ready For School and Ready For Work.
MLSE’s common purpose is to unite and empower employees to deliver extraordinary moments to our fans and each other.
Who We Are
We celebrate the diversity, individuality, and personality of our peers, striving to be the best in class, in every class. We believe in Respect, Resilience, Commitment, and Ambition. We work for, with, and around the people that inspire us to try, persist, and achieve more.
Our work goes beyond games, seasons, trophies, and tours. Our success is measured by more than a scoreboard. Our team is stronger when we stand united. We create, we celebrate, we build, and we become better!
What we choose to do next, means everything! It defines greatness, builds character, makes history, and brings the world to its feet.
At MLSE Digital Labs we are a new part of the innovation fabric at MLSE, co-creating the future of sports & entertainment. We leverage our data to create the best fan experience, through physical and digital experiences. We are passionate about creating software that is fan-centered, through the rise in the availability of data we are able to make faster, better decisions that result in better products and the creation of new and disruptive business models.
MLSE is looking for a solutions leader to build a high-performance team and culture that is focused on customer success and cross-functional collaboration to enhance our existing digital product portfolio. We have created an extensive suite of digital products that are being used beyond MLSE owned and operated teams into other franchises and leagues globally. To thrive in this role, you must have collaboration and partnership in your DNA, willing to work with sales, marketing, engineering, design and product to service our existing clients, while problem solving with future prospects.
- Coach and mentor members of a cross-functional team to advance product development and management of customer interactions
- Build and maintain a solutions organization that partners with sales and marketing to conduct in-depth product demonstrations, including presenting all features to customers during meetings, conferences, and seminars.
- Partner with the product management and software engineering as an advocate for feature development for our existing client base and needs of prospects.
- Work with product and marketing to create design approaches, product positioning and assessment of technical feasibility
- Work with the sales & marketing team to explore opportunities with prospects owning the requirements and deliverables for a customer implementation
- Act as a liaison between Product, Marketing and Sales, sharing customer feedback to help craft the product roadmap
- Drive the discovery process, helping to uncover your customer’s current pains and align to their business objectives
- Providing strategic input into deal structure, delivery scope and implementation for Digital Labs commercial commitments
- Development of deal review to support business development and product development operations
- Signing authority on external commercialization business ventures
- Shared accountability of P&L impact of key project deliverables
- Provides support to customers and resolves problems
- Ensures that customer needs are met, which may include product modifications.
- Provides expertise and support to sales teams to communicate products, services, and client needs.
- Assists with research and development of new products and feature enhancements.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or Management Information Systems or equivalent preferred.
- Experience in a related field, creation of digital products including native mobile, web, cloud (AWS, Azure)
- Advanced technical knowledge and breadth of expertise in technology sales and scope development
- Industry recognized experience and credibility in client facing platform delivery
- Experience managing C level client communications and working with senior technology leaders
- The ability to diagnose and solve complex problems on the fly using critical thinking and persuasion
- Ability to triage issues across multiple systems and drive technical issues to resolution
- Extensive experience and demonstrated consistent success in technology delivery, including managing delivery teams across multiple team/geographies
- Strong project management & cross-functional collaboration skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong negotiation and consultative sales skills.
- Outstanding organizational and leadership skills
- Exceptional customer service skills
Please apply by: January 30th, 2022
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. Maple Leaf Sports & Entertainment Partnership will provide reasonable accommodation for qualified individuals with disabilities in the job application process. If you have difficulty using our online application system and you need an accommodation due to a disability, please email [email protected] Please note this email is only for accommodation requests. Resumes sent to this email address will not be considered.