Manager, Procurement (Food & Beverage)
- 50 Bay St., Toronto, ON M5J 3A5, Canada
Maple Leaf Sports & Entertainment (MLSE) one of the world's premier sports and entertainment companies, owns the Toronto Maple Leafs (NHL), Toronto Raptors (NBA), Toronto FC (MLS), Toronto Argonauts (CFL), Toronto Marlies (AHL), Raptors 905 (NBA D-League), TFC II (USL) and Raptors Uprising Gaming Club, the Toronto Raptors Esports franchise in the NBA 2K League. Its charitable arm, MLSE Foundation, focuses on funding initiatives to support youth through sport and recreational programs. In 2017 MLSE Foundation, with support of community and corporate partners, built MLSE LaunchPad, a 42,000-sq. ft. space dedicated to programming that support its four Pillars: Healthy Body, Healthy Mind, Ready For School and Ready For Work.
MLSE’s common purpose is to unite and empower employees to deliver extraordinary moments to our fans and each other.
Who We Are
We celebrate the diversity, individuality, and personality of our peers, striving to be the best in class, in every class. We believe in Respect, Resilience, Commitment, and Ambition. We work for, with, and around the people that inspire us to try, persist, and achieve more.
Our work goes beyond games, seasons, trophies, and tours. Our success is measured by more than a scoreboard. Our team is stronger when we stand united. We create, we celebrate, we build, and we become better!
What we choose to do next, means everything! It defines greatness, builds character, makes history, and brings the world to its feet.
So, are you in?
Our Procurement team is aligned in categories to cover the strategic sourcing needs of our various departments. As the Manager, Procurement (Food & Beverage), you will drive a wide range of sourcing activity both within the food & beverage team as well as across other categories, with a primary focus on supporting the strategic sourcing and purchasing/supply chain needs for MLSE’s teams, events and venues/restaurants.. You will be a key contributor towards improving overall value offerings, controlling budgetary costs, and improving contractual service level outcomes with the suppliers of your departments. You will report and work closely with the Senior Director, Procurement towards tracking key performance indicators and the achievement of overall corporate targets.
- In collaboration with the Senior Director, Procurement and the Senior Food & Beverage leadership team, lead / manage / support the strategic sourcing activity for the applicable (or anticipated) primary departments:
- Food & beverage
- Additional department or team support may be required based on business requirements.
- Oversee the time-sensitive supply chain operations for all of MLSE’s venues in delivering food & beverage and other products to our facilities, through management of MLSE’s F&B order desk and MLSE’s receiving department. This includes responsibility for the hiring, scheduling, management and processes for the staff in these areas, which is vital to the success of MLSE’s operations and events.
- Engage continuously with internal customers on their evolving business requirements and facilitate the direction of sourcing strategies in addressing both current and future needs.
- Accountable for research, preparation, issuance and management of RFPs, including baseline spend analytics, associated negotiations, and evaluation of responses.
- Integral in the drafting, negotiation and execution of associated contractual agreements, in collaboration with the legal department and applicable internal customers.
- Accountable to establish and handle specific service level agreements within supplier contracts and track associated supplier KPIs/obligations. Successful management of all ordering, fulfillment, on-time delivery and quality control performance for all of MLSE’s food & beverage suppliers is critical.
- Lead supplier relationship management review sessions seeking to enhance overall operational performance and outcomes.
- Establish efficiency in each department’s daily supply/service procurement activity within MLSE’s inventory and ERP systems and ensuring accuracy of system’s contractual parameters for each supplier.
- Collaboration with other MLSE internal departments such as ED&I, Global Partnerships, and MLSE Foundation towards cross-departmental goals
- Assist with preparation of annual planning process.
- Participate in other tasks and ad-hoc requests as required, including support for other sourcing activity in other categories on an as required basis.
- Related work experience in any of the fields of procurement, food & beverage, negotiations, and/or sports/entertainment, are all of benefit.
- Experience in purchasing/receiving for complex organizational needs is essential
- Past experience overseeing and leading a team with examples of process improvement and team development.
- Graduate or Postgraduate degree in Business Administration, Finance or Commerce
- Previous education/courses related to negotiations, marketing, or account (CPA) an asset
- Applied knowledge of Oracle Cloud ERP or similar ERP system would be an asset
- Expert understanding of Microsoft Office Suite
- Strong team orientation with ability to collaborate with internal and external customers
- Strong business insights, including deep understanding of procurement, negotiations, financial analytics, supply chain/logistics and specific category of business supported
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail, while working under tight deadlines and/or handling multiple priorities. Project management experience demonstrating this is an asset.
- Effective communication skills (written/verbal)
- Preference for a dynamic and fast-paced environment
- Available to work evenings/weekends if and when required
Please apply by: January 28, 2022
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. Maple Leaf Sports & Entertainment Partnership will provide reasonable accommodation for qualified individuals with disabilities in the job application process. If you have difficulty using our online application system and you need an accommodation due to a disability, please email [email protected] Please note this email is only for accommodation requests. Resumes sent to this email address will not be considered.