Digital Project Manager (12 month Independent Contractor Agreement)
- 50 Bay St., Toronto, ON M5J 3A5, Canada
Maple Leaf Sports & Entertainment (MLSE) one of the world's premier sports and entertainment companies, owns the Toronto Maple Leafs (NHL), Toronto Raptors (NBA), Toronto FC (MLS), Toronto Argonauts (CFL), Toronto Marlies (AHL), Raptors 905 (NBA D-League), TFC II (USL) and Raptors Uprising Gaming Club, the Toronto Raptors Esports franchise in the NBA 2K League. Its charitable arm, MLSE Foundation, focuses on funding initiatives to support youth through sport and recreational programs. In 2017 MLSE Foundation, with support of community and corporate partners, built MLSE LaunchPad, a 42,000-sq. ft. space dedicated to programming that support its four Pillars: Healthy Body, Healthy Mind, Ready For School and Ready For Work.
MLSE’s common purpose is to unite and empower employees to deliver extraordinary moments to our fans and each other.
Who We Are
We celebrate the diversity, individuality, and personality of our peers, striving to be the best in class, in every class. We believe in Respect, Resilience, Commitment, and Ambition. We work for, with, and around the people that inspire us to try, persist, and achieve more.
Our work goes beyond games, seasons, trophies, and tours. Our success is measured by more than a scoreboard. Our team is stronger when we stand united. We create, we celebrate, we build, and we become better!
What we choose to do next, means everything! It defines greatness, builds character, makes history, and brings the world to its feet.
So, are you in?
As a Digital Project Manager, you’ll assist the Digital Labs Arcade team on countless projects that help bring our fan experiences to life in our mobile apps and websites. You’ll work with Product, Marketing, Global Partnerships, and Professional Leagues on coordinating and managing great content, built in house, ranging from; digital contests; hyper-casual mini games; AR experiences; and larger-scale digital products.
- Work with a range of clients (departments/teams/partners) on several different projects at a time.
- Take leadership on the intake(organizing project infancy), management (assigning roles, tasks, and milestones), and post retrospectives(reporting) of projects undertaken by the Digital Labs Arcade team.
- Work with team leads to organize and assign projects and tasks within the system
- Acting as the key contact for clients across multiple forms of communication (email, slack, etc)
- Continuously assessing working methods and processes and making recommendations for improvement
- Identifying and implementing KPIs and project milestones
- Forming strong relationships with the client and developing communication channels between the relevant parties
- Regularly updating key stakeholders on project status
- Background in digital project management working on campaigns from initial briefing to delivery
- Technical competence and understanding of common development practices
- Strong understanding of successful project workflows and organizational strategies
- Tech savvy with a strong understanding of project management software
- Multi-tasker with ability to juggle many projects
- Proven experience of effectively managing both long-spanning large scale projects and fast-paced small scale projects from brief through to delivery
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal
- Passion for IT, digital projects, gaming, and sports
- Creative flair and innovative approach
- Agency experience is a plus
Please apply by: January 26, 2022
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. Maple Leaf Sports & Entertainment Partnership will provide reasonable accommodation for qualified individuals with disabilities in the job application process. If you have difficulty using our online application system and you need an accommodation due to a disability, please email [email protected] Please note this email is only for accommodation requests. Resumes sent to this email address will not be considered.