VFX Artist (12 month Independent Contractor Agreement)
- 50 Bay St., Toronto, ON M5J 3A5, Canada
Maple Leaf Sports & Entertainment (MLSE) one of the world's premier sports and entertainment companies, owns the Toronto Maple Leafs (NHL), Toronto Raptors (NBA), Toronto FC (MLS), Toronto Argonauts (CFL), Toronto Marlies (AHL), Raptors 905 (NBA D-League), TFC II (USL) and Raptors Uprising Gaming Club, the Toronto Raptors Esports franchise in the NBA 2K League. Its charitable arm, MLSE Foundation, focuses on funding initiatives to support youth through sport and recreational programs. In 2017 MLSE Foundation, with support of community and corporate partners, built MLSE LaunchPad, a 42,000-sq. ft. space dedicated to programming that support its four Pillars: Healthy Body, Healthy Mind, Ready For School and Ready For Work.
MLSE’s common purpose is to unite and empower employees to deliver extraordinary moments to our fans and each other.
Who We Are
We celebrate the diversity, individuality, and personality of our peers, striving to be the best in class, in every class. We believe in Respect, Resilience, Commitment, and Ambition. We work for, with, and around the people that inspire us to try, persist, and achieve more.
Our work goes beyond games, seasons, trophies, and tours. Our success is measured by more than a scoreboard. Our team is stronger when we stand united. We create, we celebrate, we build, and we become better!
What we choose to do next, means everything! It defines greatness, builds character, makes history, and brings the world to its feet.
So, are you in?
We're looking for: VFX Artist
We are looking for a creative and highly motivated VFX Artist to join our team. As part of our Digital Labs team, you’ll get to help the team explore new augmented reality, virtual reality, and mixed reality technology and their capabilities.
- Conceptualize, design, and create stunning visual effects (modeling, texturing, animating, lighting, shaders, etc)
- Work with the team to define a consistent style for VFX and to ensure the quality of the assets for all aspects of the project.
- Create environment and cinematic effects using particle systems and textures you produce.
- Work collaboratively with designers and engineers to understand and interpret requirements to communicate the mechanics to the user within the constraints of the engine.
- Ensure that VFX assets are built efficiently and integrated within the given deadlines
- Work within technical constraints to craft attractive and functional effects.
- Provide creative and innovative solutions to technical art problems and/or restrictions.
Your player stats. You have:
- The experience. You have a portfolio that displays your mastery of art fundamentals such as modelling, lighting, texturing, composition, proportion, image processing, and more. Demonstrable experience in Real-Time VFX authoring (Unity). Knowledge of our teams and a passion for sports would be an asset, but your passion for great design is required.
- The creativity. You have an eye for design and understand the artistic representation of ideas through the application of your technical skills. You have an imaginative mind and can think outside the box to create inspired designs and environments.
- The technical skills. You have experience using 2D art tools (eg. Photoshop), composting software (eg. After effects) and 3D Software (eg. Maya, 3DS Max, Cinema 4D, or Blender) and development engine - Unity.
- The interpersonal skills. You have excellent communication skills and can work together with a cross-functional team to reach your goals; our space is very collaborative and you will be working with a number of people across multiple departments.
- The motivation. You are a self-starter, able to take the initiative on projects and get to work meeting goals on time. You are not afraid to take on new challenges and have the drive to see things through to the end.
Please apply by: January 26, 2022
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. Maple Leaf Sports & Entertainment Partnership will provide reasonable accommodation for qualified individuals with disabilities in the job application process. If you have difficulty using our online application system and you need an accommodation due to a disability, please email [email protected] Please note this email is only for accommodation requests. Resumes sent to this email address will not be considered.