Production Designer (12 month Independent Contractor Agreement)
- 50 Bay St., Toronto, ON M5J 3A5, Canada
Maple Leaf Sports & Entertainment (MLSE) one of the world's premier sports and entertainment companies, owns the Toronto Maple Leafs (NHL), Toronto Raptors (NBA), Toronto FC (MLS), Toronto Argonauts (CFL), Toronto Marlies (AHL), Raptors 905 (NBA D-League), TFC II (USL) and Raptors Uprising Gaming Club, the Toronto Raptors Esports franchise in the NBA 2K League. Its charitable arm, MLSE Foundation, focuses on funding initiatives to support youth through sport and recreational programs. In 2017 MLSE Foundation, with support of community and corporate partners, built MLSE LaunchPad, a 42,000-sq. ft. space dedicated to programming that support its four Pillars: Healthy Body, Healthy Mind, Ready For School and Ready For Work.
MLSE’s common purpose is to unite and empower employees to deliver extraordinary moments to our fans and each other.
Who We Are
We celebrate the diversity, individuality, and personality of our peers, striving to be the best in class, in every class. We believe in Respect, Resilience, Commitment, and Ambition. We work for, with, and around the people that inspire us to try, persist, and achieve more.
Our work goes beyond games, seasons, trophies, and tours. Our success is measured by more than a scoreboard. Our team is stronger when we stand united. We create, we celebrate, we build, and we become better!
What we choose to do next, means everything! It defines greatness, builds character, makes history, and brings the world to its feet.
So, are you in?
As a Production Designer, you’ll assist the Digital Labs Arcade team in bringing digital fan experiences to life in our apps (Leafs, Raptors, Toronto FC) and websites. You’ll work with Product, Marketing, Global Partnerships, and Professional Leagues on creating fun, engaging, and meaningful activations for fans of sport everywhere.
Create digital assets and experiences for web, mobile and social while maintaining and pushing the Arcade's quality and standards. Report to the lead designer & developer for tasks, revisions, workflows, and creative feedback.
Take full ownership of your tasks, may include but not limited to:
- Assist with building experiences on our team websites and partner activations.
- Bring our games and activations to life on social utilizing motion graphics.
- Researching, reviewing and presenting concepts for new features, assets and partner integrations.
- Assist with creating and Animating 2D art assets (characters, objects, effects, UI, game titles etc.) following a cohesive style and palette.
- Communicating tasks updates to your lead/supervisor, updating the status of your Notion tasks and completing assets in a timely manner.
- Learn and apply artistic/IP/licensing guidelines.
- Execute clients (partner/lead/supervisor) revisions on spec and on time.
- Proactively communicate and coordinate tasks with the team members before and after you in the content pipeline (in person/slack/discord).
Your player stats. You have:
- The experience. You have a portfolio that displays your mastery of basic design principles such as typography, color composition, contrast, layouts, lighting, and more. Knowledge of our teams and a passion for sports would be an asset, but your passion for great design is required.
- The creativity. You have an eye for design and understand the artistic representation of ideas through the application of your technical skills. You have an imaginative mind and can think outside the box to create inspired designs and activations.
- The technical skills. You have experience using different design tools such as Adobe illustrator, Photoshop, After Effects, or Figma. Knowledge of Blender, Cinema4d, or Web AR to produce various forms of digital content is a plus.
- The interpersonal skills. You have excellent communication skills and can work together with a cross-functional team to reach your goals; our space is very collaborative and you will be working with a number of people across multiple departments.
- The motivation. You are a self-starter, able to take the initiative on projects and get to work meeting goals on time. You are not afraid to take on new challenges and have the drive to see things through to the end.
Please include a copy of, or link to, your portfolio as part of your application.
Please apply by: January 26, 2022
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. Maple Leaf Sports & Entertainment Partnership will provide reasonable accommodation for qualified individuals with disabilities in the job application process. If you have difficulty using our online application system and you need an accommodation due to a disability, please email [email protected] Please note this email is only for accommodation requests. Resumes sent to this email address will not be considered.