Event Technician (FT-Fixed Term Contract)
- 50 Bay St., Toronto, ON M5J 3A5, Canada
Maple Leaf Sports & Entertainment (MLSE) one of the world's premier sports and entertainment companies, owns the Toronto Maple Leafs (NHL), Toronto Raptors (NBA), Toronto FC (MLS), Toronto Argonauts (CFL), Toronto Marlies (AHL), Raptors 905 (NBA D-League), TFC II (USL) and Raptors Uprising Gaming Club, the Toronto Raptors Esports franchise in the NBA 2K League. Its charitable arm, MLSE Foundation, focuses on funding initiatives to support youth through sport and recreational programs. In 2017 MLSE Foundation, with support of community and corporate partners, built MLSE LaunchPad, a 42,000-sq. ft. space dedicated to programming that support its four Pillars: Healthy Body, Healthy Mind, Ready For School and Ready For Work.
MLSE’s common purpose is to unite and empower employees to deliver extraordinary moments to our fans and each other.
Who We Are
We celebrate the diversity, individuality, and personality of our peers, striving to be the best in class, in every class. We believe in Respect, Resilience, Commitment, and Ambition. We work for, with, and around the people that inspire us to try, persist, and achieve more.
Our work goes beyond games, seasons, trophies, and tours. Our success is measured by more than a scoreboard. Our team is stronger when we stand united. We create, we celebrate, we build, and we become better!
What we choose to do next, means everything! It defines greatness, builds character, makes history, and brings the world to its feet.
So, are you in?
A key contributor in supporting Venue Technology’s event-based business, the Event Technician will actively install, maintain, troubleshoot and operate scoring and timing, live presentation and corporate A/V technology across all MLSE venues.
- Setup and support game day equipment requirements:
- Scoring and Timing
- Communication systems
- Replay and league review systems
- Temporary video displays
- Deploy POV cameras and verify signal distribution
- Various LED displays and supporting hardware and software
- Assist in coordinating and implementing technical requirements for events, internal presentations, promotional activations and live performances.
- Install permanent and/or temporary cabling, displays, consoles, speakers and control systems.
- Respond to dispatched calls for support by effectively troubleshooting and repairing all event-based audiovisual systems.
- Troubleshoot and resolve equipment and infrastructure issues
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in an A/V, broadcast or live production technical support and operations role.
- Demonstrated growth in progressively larger arena, live entertainment or broadcast environments.
- Able to support and operate control room presentation equipment including switchers, camera control units, audio consoles and video playback systems.
- Knowledgeable in audio and video signal patching, routing and signal distribution.
- Exceptional troubleshooting skills.
- Competent in low voltage cable termination.
- A punctilious self-starter with the ability to work independently.
- Must be available to work evenings, weekends and holidays.
- Previous A/V installation experience.
- Familiar with fiber optic cable properties and termination.
- Comfortable working at heights and operating lift equipment.
- Able to comprehend functional drawings.
- Experience with sports scoring and timing controllers, data distribution and displays.
Please apply by: November 25, 2021
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. Maple Leaf Sports & Entertainment Partnership will provide reasonable accommodation for qualified individuals with disabilities in the job application process. If you have difficulty using our online application system and you need an accommodation due to a disability, please email [email protected] Please note this email is only for accommodation requests. Resumes sent to this email address will not be considered.