Manager, Ticket Operations, Administration & Reporting
- 50 Bay St., Toronto, ON M5J 3A5, Canada
Maple Leaf Sports & Entertainment (MLSE) one of the world's premier sports and entertainment companies, owns the Toronto Maple Leafs (NHL), Toronto Raptors (NBA), Toronto FC (MLS), Toronto Argonauts (CFL), Toronto Marlies (AHL), Raptors 905 (NBA D-League), TFC II (USL) and Raptors Uprising Gaming Club, the Toronto Raptors Esports franchise in the NBA 2K League. Its charitable arm, MLSE Foundation, focuses on funding initiatives to support youth through sport and recreational programs. In 2017 MLSE Foundation, with support of community and corporate partners, built MLSE LaunchPad, a 42,000-sq. ft. space dedicated to programming that support its four Pillars: Healthy Body, Healthy Mind, Ready For School and Ready For Work.
MLSE also owns and operates Scotiabank Arena, Canada’s premier sports & entertainment venue hosting more than 200 events each year, as well as two digital channels (Leafs Nation Network and NBA TV Canada), and has a partnership with Live Nation (the biggest concert promoter in the world). MLSE has also invested in and operates five of Toronto's sports facilities – Coca-Cola Coliseum, BMO Field, BMO Training Grounds at Downsview Park, home of Toronto FC's Academy and the First Team's practice facility, the Toronto Raptors’ training facility and the MasterCard Centre for Hockey Excellence, the practice facility for the Maple Leafs and Marlies.
MLSE’s common purpose is to unite and empower employees to deliver extraordinary moments to our fans and each other.
Who We Are:
We celebrate the diversity, individuality, and personality of our peers, striving to be the best in class, in every class. We believe in Respect, Resilience, Commitment, and Ambition. We work for, with, and around the people that inspire us to try, persist, and achieve more.
Our work goes beyond games, seasons, trophies, and tours. Our success is measured by more than a scoreboard. Our team is stronger when we stand united. We create, we celebrate, we build, and we become better!
What we choose to do next, means everything! It defines greatness, builds character, makes history, and brings the world to its feet.
As a vital member of the Ticket Operations, Administration & Reporting team, you will join the team responsible for ticket operations across Maple Leaf Sports and Entertainment (MLSE). You will lead the daily tasks of the team, execute events, renewals, ticket printing and deliveries, and work strategically with the Ticket Sales and Membership teams to help meet their plans. You will report on ticket sales and renewals, and league reporting; this requires above-average working knowledge of MS Excel and strong technical proficiency. You have leadership experience and a history of working with and motivating a dynamic team to achieve their department goal. With a stellar attitude, quick thinking, and a “get-it-done” approach, you will excel on our ticketing team and help our organization to win off the playing surface.
- Lead, manage, train, develop and empower your team members.
- Lead all aspects of major team projects, including season seat renewals, invoicing, gifting delivery, LIVE premium events and venues, and key strategic projects to advance ticket technology.
- Work directly with Ticketmaster to ensure our systems are up to date and operating efficiently, effectively, and harness all the tools available to make our team best in class.
- Help build and supervise department budget, working with Finance on monthly financial results.
- Collaborate closely with department designates and league to fulfill ticket requests.
- Create, build and execute events on system.
- Support game day operations through the management of inventory and the processing of ticket requests.
- Work with key partners (both internal and external) regarding ticket technology upgrades, issues and strategy.
- Run weekly reporting, as set out by the leagues and key department reports (sales, balancing, compliance etc.)
- Ensure settlement packages are complete and accurate post-event.
- Take pride in the organization and its people; maintaining integrity and confidentiality at all times.
- Provide outstanding fan service and build positive relationships with partners both internally and externally.
- Lead by example in team management and development, using a “one team” approach; ensure departmental integrity and winning vision are intact.
- Participate in special projects and perform other related duties as requested.
- 5+ years’ experience in the Sports and/or Entertainment business.
- 3+ years of management experience and successfully leading people.
- Self-starter with the ability to problem-solve, independent learner with a strong ability to communicate to multiple levels in an organization.
- Excellent organization and time-management skills with the ability to handle several tasks and deadlines.
- Full working knowledge of the Ticketmaster Archtics ticketing system.
- Excellent digital literacy (Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint, Ticketmaster, Workplace, Workday etc.).
- Previous experience and knowledge of administration and reporting.
- Demonstrated pride in accuracy and efficiency.
- Ability to improve and lead a positive, innovative and encouraging work environment.
- Shown to perform well under pressure.
- Ongoing awareness and responsiveness to client satisfaction.
- Flexible to work evenings and weekends as the need arises.
- A winning approach, incorporating integrity, confidentiality and discretion.
Apply by: December 3rd, 2021
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Maple Leaf Sports & Entertainment Partnership will provide reasonable accommodation for qualified individuals with disabilities in the job application process. If you have difficulty using our online application system and you need an accommodation due to a disability, please email [email protected] Please note this email is only for accommodation requests. Resumes sent to this email address will not be considered.