Chef de Cuisine, Hot Stove
- 40 Bay St., Toronto, ON M5J 2X8, Canada
Maple Leaf Sports & Entertainment (MLSE) one of the world's premier sports and entertainment companies, owns the Toronto Maple Leafs (NHL), Toronto Raptors (NBA), Toronto FC (MLS), Toronto Argonauts (CFL), Toronto Marlies (AHL), Raptors 905 (NBA D-League), TFC II (USL) and Raptors Uprising Gaming Club, the Toronto Raptors Esports franchise in the NBA 2K League. Its charitable arm, MLSE Foundation, focuses on funding initiatives to support youth through sport and recreational programs. In 2017 MLSE Foundation, with support of community and corporate partners, built MLSE LaunchPad, a 42,000-sq. ft. space dedicated to programming that support its four Pillars: Healthy Body, Healthy Mind, Ready For School and Ready For Work.
MLSE also owns and operates Scotiabank Arena, Canada’s premier sports & entertainment venue hosting more than 200 events each year, as well as two digital channels (Leafs Nation Network and NBA TV Canada), and has a partnership with Live Nation (the biggest concert promoter in the world). MLSE has also invested in and operates five of Toronto's sports facilities – Coca-Cola Coliseum, BMO Field, BMO Training Grounds at Downsview Park, home of Toronto FC's Academy and the First Team's practice facility, the Toronto Raptors’ training facility and the MasterCard Centre for Hockey Excellence, the practice facility for the Maple Leafs and Marlies.
MLSE’s common purpose is to unite and empower employees to deliver extraordinary moments to our fans and each other.
As part of the Scotiabank Arena Culinary team, you will be responsible for the creation and service of outstanding food as well as providing premier customer service.
- Train and lead culinary team daily while creating an inclusive work environment
- Schedule staff according to current CBA guidelines
- Coordinate all food ordering and requisitions for restaurant requirements with procurement department
- Build exciting new menu ideas that excite the fans within the Steakhouse concept
- Work with Managers to ensure correct transfers and end of night reports properly reflect our revenue and sales
- Manage food cost and operating expenses effectively
- Provide extraordinary customer service and food quality satisfaction
- Train cooks in food safety and hold them accountable on all aspects of it
- Actively participate in all relevant MLSE departmental meetings
- Assist with other related functions as assigned by Culinary Director and Executive Chef
- Journeyman’s Cooks Papers (or equivalent in practical experience)
- 3-4 years sous chef or higher experience in upscale restaurants
- Experience in food costing and menu development
- Knowledge of beverage service and alcohol policy
- Experience in large quantity cooking and high volume line expediting
- Ongoing awareness and responsiveness to client satisfaction
- Outstanding interpersonal, presentation and communication skills, where building a rapport comes naturally
- Proficient in MS Office and Restaurant POS
- Understanding of Industry business principles
- Committed to work evenings/weekends as the need arises
- A professional, winning attitude
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. Maple Leaf Sports & Entertainment Partnership will provide reasonable accommodation for qualified individuals with disabilities in the job application process. If you have difficulty using our online application system and you need an accommodation due to a disability, please email [email protected]. Please note this email is only for accommodation requests. Resumes sent to this email address will not be considered.