Order Desk Coordinator
- 50 Bay St., Toronto, ON M5J 3A5, Canada
Maple Leaf Sports & Entertainment (MLSE) one of the world's premier sports and entertainment companies, owns the Toronto Maple Leafs (NHL), Toronto Raptors (NBA), Toronto FC (MLS), Toronto Argonauts (CFL), Toronto Marlies (AHL), Raptors 905 (NBA D-League), TFC II (USL) and Raptors Uprising Gaming Club, the Toronto Raptors Esports franchise in the NBA 2K League. Its charitable arm, MLSE Foundation, focuses on funding initiatives to support youth through sport and recreational programs. In 2017 MLSE Foundation, with support of community and corporate partners, built MLSE LaunchPad, a 42,000-sq. ft. space dedicated to programming that support its four Pillars: Healthy Body, Healthy Mind, Ready For School and Ready For Work.
MLSE’s common purpose is to unite and empower employees to deliver extraordinary moments to our fans and each other.
Who We Are
We celebrate the diversity, individuality, and personality of our peers, striving to be the best in class, in every class. We believe in Respect, Resilience, Commitment, and Ambition. We work for, with, and around the people that inspire us to try, persist, and achieve more.
Our work goes beyond games, seasons, trophies, and tours. Our success is measured by more than a scoreboard. Our team is stronger when we stand united. We create, we celebrate, we build, and we become better!
What we choose to do next, means everything! It defines greatness, builds character, makes history, and brings the world to its feet.
As a part-time member of the Food & Beverage Purchasing, Warehousing & Distribution team, you will be helping to support the purchasing and receiving of food and beverage for several MLSE operations and locations, ensuring the delivery of winning fan service to all guests. You will also assist the team with variety of administration duties for all MLSE food and beverage outlets. Your passion and commitment to teamwork will contribute to ensuring our vision to win that is integral to our business.
- Receive requisitions from MLSE’s food and beverage team and convert into purchase orders
- Verify all details & specifications of each order and ensure accuracy/attention to detail
- Occasional need to source and fulfill new product requests not found in inventory system
- Assist in the extraction and preparation of data and reporting
- Update vendor bids relating to food commodity ingredients in inventory system.
- Ability to monitor and follow-up on receiving of products as per required timelines.
- Assist with obtaining invoices from suppliers and ensuring accuracy with purchase orders.
- Carry out administrative functions as directed by Manager.
- Participate in special projects and perform other related duties as requested.
- Must be flexible at times to work evenings, weekends and holidays as required given MLSE’s evolving event-based schedule
- Intermediate to advanced skills in Excel, Word and Inventory Control Software
- Good understanding of inventory flow, ensuring prompt and accurate processing of all facets
- Prior purchasing/order control experience is an asset
- Excellent organizational, planning, analytical and administrative skills
- Food & beverage industry knowledge or experience is an asset
- A positive, winning approach, incorporating integrity, confidentiality and discretion
- Work in compliance with the provisions of the Occupational Health & Safety Act
Please apply by: October 29, 2021
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. Maple Leaf Sports & Entertainment Partnership will provide reasonable accommodation for qualified individuals with disabilities in the job application process. If you have difficulty using our online application system and you need an accommodation due to a disability, please email [email protected] Please note this email is only for accommodation requests. Resumes sent to this email address will not be considered.