Account Executive, Sales
- 50 Bay St., Toronto, ON M5J 3A5, Canada
Maple Leaf Sports & Entertainment (MLSE) one of the world's premier sports and entertainment companies, owns the Toronto Maple Leafs (NHL), Toronto Raptors (NBA), Toronto FC (MLS), Toronto Argonauts (CFL), Toronto Marlies (AHL), Raptors 905 (NBA D-League), TFC II (USL) and Raptors Uprising Gaming Club, the Toronto Raptors Esports franchise in the NBA 2K League. Its charitable arm, MLSE Foundation, focuses on funding initiatives to support youth through sport and recreational programs. In 2017 MLSE Foundation, with support of community and corporate partners, built MLSE LaunchPad, a 42,000-sq. ft. space dedicated to programming that support its four Pillars: Healthy Body, Healthy Mind, Ready For School and Ready For Work.
MLSE also owns and operates Scotiabank Arena, Canada’s premier sports & entertainment venue hosting more than 200 events each year, as well as two digital channels (Leafs Nation Network and NBA TV Canada), and has a partnership with Live Nation (the biggest concert promoter in the world). MLSE has also invested in and operates five of Toronto's sports facilities – Coca-Cola Coliseum, BMO Field, BMO Training Grounds at Downsview Park, home of Toronto FC's Academy and the First Team's practice facility, the Toronto Raptors’ training facility and the MasterCard Centre for Hockey Excellence, the practice facility for the Maple Leafs and Marlies.
MLSE’s common purpose is to unite and empower employees to deliver extraordinary moments to our fans and each other.
As part of the Premium Ticketing Team, your focus will be selling our Gondola Rental business and support our Rental teams at Scotiabank Arena BMO Field, Coca-Cola Coliseum and Paramount Fine Foods Centre. This includes, but is not limited to, nightly Gondola Rentals, nightly Suite Rentals as well as collaborating with all ticketing verticals within our teams to enhance the Gondola Sales business as a whole. To be successful in this role, you must be a proactive, goal-oriented individual who thrives in a high-paced business environment and shares our common purpose to unite and empower employees to create extraordinary moments for our fans and each other.
- We are a ‘team first’ culture so your first responsibility is to be an incredible teammate. Each member of our sales team takes an equal share in developing and preserving a positive and collaborative group dynamic; this is the foundation of our success.
- Prospect new business through social selling, network-mining, phone calls & live hosting opportunities.
- Contribute to a collaborative sales team that drives results across all properties, including the Toronto Maple Leafs, Raptors, TFC, Argonauts, Marlies, Raptors 905, Global Partnerships, Music & LIVE Events.
- Lead and Sell the Nightly Gondola Rental inventory as your main priority.
- You will need to be prepared to shift focus as the demands of the business evolve. This could include helping with “Big Events” like All Star Games and Grey Cup celebrations
- Prepare and implement presentations to prospective clients.
- Develop prospects for sales through centers of influence, referrals and appointments.
- Manage the ticket system including accurate ticket administration and balancing of the financial process.
- Successful sales results require winning behaviors. You will be required to master our CRM system as a tool to help guide your daily behaviors and measure the progression of your sales funnel.
- Ensure customer and prospect contact with game-day sales efforts where applicable.
- Develop long-term relationships with your customers.
- Meet or exceed Premium Ticketing revenue objectives.
- Perform promotional or service functions as required.
- A self-starter with a professional demeanour and presence
- Alert and receptive to shifting demands within a fast-paced, changing environment
- Comfortable and capable of delivering within a fast-paced environment, using time management and organizational skills
- Available to work evenings, weekends and holidays as required
- A positive, team first approach, incorporating integrity, confidentiality and discretion
- An ongoing awareness and responsiveness to client happiness
- Proven track record of building and developing professional relationships
- Skillful at listening, understanding and communicating in detail
- Willingness to coach and be coached with the bravery to take risks and learn from the results
- Highly motivated individual with a strong desire to build a career in the sports business
- A ‘One-Team’ approach toward departmental and company-wide goals
- Proven to perform well under tight timelines; prioritize simultaneously
- 1-2 years of experience in developing sales and service relationships is ideal
- Confident user of Microsoft 360 - Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint
- TicketMaster and/or ARCHTICS knowledge is an asset but not essential
- Salesforce knowledge would be an asset
Apply by: October 27th, 2021
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. Maple Leaf Sports & Entertainment Partnership will provide reasonable accommodation for qualified individuals with disabilities in the job application process. If you have difficulty using our online application system and you need an accommodation due to a disability, please email [email protected] Please note this email is only for accommodation requests. Resumes sent to this email address will not be considered.