- 15 York St, Toronto, ON M5J 0A3, Canada
Maple Leaf Sports & Entertainment (MLSE) one of the world's premier sports and entertainment companies, owns the Toronto Maple Leafs (NHL), Toronto Raptors (NBA), Toronto FC (MLS), Toronto Argonauts (CFL), Toronto Marlies (AHL), Raptors 905 (NBA D-League), TFC II (USL) and Raptors Uprising Gaming Club, the Toronto Raptors Esports franchise in the NBA 2K League. Its charitable arm, MLSE Foundation, focuses on funding initiatives to support youth through sport and recreational programs. In 2017 MLSE Foundation, with support of community and corporate partners, built MLSE LaunchPad, a 42,000-sq. ft. space dedicated to programming that support its four Pillars: Healthy Body, Healthy Mind, Ready For School and Ready For Work.
MLSE also owns and operates Scotiabank Arena, Canada’s premier sports & entertainment venue hosting more than 200 events each year, as well as two digital channels (Leafs Nation Network and NBA TV Canada), and has a partnership with Live Nation (the biggest concert promoter in the world). MLSE has also invested in and operates five of Toronto's sports facilities – Coca-Cola Coliseum, BMO Field, BMO Training Grounds at Downsview Park, home of Toronto FC's Academy and the First Team's practice facility, the Toronto Raptors’ training facility and the MasterCard Centre for Hockey Excellence, the practice facility for the Maple Leafs and Marlies.
MLSE’s common purpose is to unite and empower employees to deliver extraordinary moments to our fans and each other.
Real Sports Bar and Grill is reopening as a new, split-purpose concept. No longer just a sports bar, the new RS is a culinary and entertainment destination offering two distinct spaces, each catering to a unique experience.
Leveraging 10 years of expertise as ESPN’s #1 sports bar in North America, ARENA is a sports haven that features Toronto’s largest screen, a DJ booth and a 100-foot bar. Experience the most thrilling match-ups played out on a supersized, 39-foot HD screen, broad casting every sport played on the pitch, court, field and ice. It’s by far the best place to watch sports outside of the stadium.
A whole new side of RS, RESTO offers an upscale lounge experience dedicated to quality food and entertainment. With a premium design, a 30-foot bar as a centerpiece, a stage dedicated to live music, a VIP room and private suites, RESTO is the ultimate place for a business lunch, an after-work get-together with friends or a weekend date. Conveniently located beside Scotiabank Arena in the heart of Toronto’s Sports and Entertainment district, RS caters to sports fans as much as music and entertainment fans. With a new, modern design featuring premium styles and materials, an upscale menu offering hand-selected, local and seasonal ingredients and a new atmosphere, RS is a unique take on the traditional sports bar.
As a valuable member of RS, your leadership, passion and commitment to teamwork will contribute to inspiring others, ensuring MLSE's quality service and safety standards are upheld and the key objectives of the Food and Beverage department are met.
- Lead a service team in the front of house area of Real Sports.
- Provide leadership and direction by handling standards of quality, service, safety and profit.
- Supervise, train, develop, and motivate the Supervisor and front of house Service teams.
- Perform inventory checks and maintain proper stock.
- Assist in expediting food orders to the dining room.
- Resolve order discrepancies quickly and effectively.
- Supervise the floor during service; respond to customer concerns.
- Ensure closing duties are completed in an accurate manner.
- Document service issues and resolutions.
- Assist with the development of business plans and implement strategies in compliance with the approved plan.
- Ensure compliance with all related regulations such as those pertaining to Health & Safety and AGCO.
- Carry out administrative functions pertaining to hiring, scheduling, payroll, performance reviews, mentorship, counseling and discipline.
- Lead by example in team management and development, utilizing a “one team” approach; ensure departmental integrity and winning vision are intact.
- 3+ years of leadership experience in a high volume restaurant or bar environment
- Bachelor’s Degree, Diploma or equivalent in Business or Hospitality
- Ongoing awareness and responsiveness to guest service
- Confident user of MS Office, inventory and POS programs
- Experienced with operational budget management and cost control measures
- Exceptional interpersonal, presentation and communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to build and develop professional relationships
- Ability to communicate, motivate and lead effectively
- A proactive approach toward day-to-day activities and shifting demands
- An effective problem solver, driven by results and alert to change
- Shown to perform well under pressure; manage and lead multiple priorities simultaneously
- Trained in WHMIS, Smart Serve, ServSafe, NFSTP or equivalent
- Skilled knowledge of food, wine, beer and spirits
- Flexibility to work evenings, weekends and holidays as the need arises
- A winning attitude
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. Maple Leaf Sports & Entertainment Partnership will provide reasonable accommodation for qualified individuals with disabilities in the job application process. If you have difficulty using our online application system and you need an accommodation due to a disability, please email [email protected]. Please note this email is only for accommodation requests. Resumes sent to this email address will not be considered.