Coordinator, Game Presentation (Toronto Raptors) - FT Fixed-Term Contract
- 50 Bay St., Toronto, ON M5J 3A5, Canada
Maple Leaf Sports & Entertainment (MLSE) one of the world's premier sports and entertainment companies, owns the Toronto Maple Leafs (NHL), Toronto Raptors (NBA), Toronto FC (MLS), Toronto Argonauts (CFL), Toronto Marlies (AHL), Raptors 905 (NBA D-League), TFC II (USL) and Raptors Uprising Gaming Club, the Toronto Raptors Esports franchise in the NBA 2K League. Its charitable arm, MLSE Foundation, focuses on funding initiatives to support youth through sport and recreational programs. In 2017 MLSE Foundation, with support of community and corporate partners, built MLSE LaunchPad, a 42,000-sq. ft. space dedicated to programming that support its four Pillars: Healthy Body, Healthy Mind, Ready For School and Ready For Work.
MLSE’s common purpose is to unite and empower employees to deliver extraordinary moments to our fans and each other.
Who We Are
We celebrate the diversity, individuality, and personality of our peers, striving to be the best in class, in every class. We believe in Respect, Resilience, Commitment, and Ambition. We work for, with, and around the people that inspire us to try, persist, and achieve more.
Our work goes beyond games, seasons, trophies, and tours. Our success is measured by more than a scoreboard. Our team is stronger when we stand united. We create, we celebrate, we build, and we become better!
What we choose to do next, means everything! It defines greatness, builds character, makes history, and brings the world to its feet.
As the Game Presentation Coordinator for the Toronto Raptors, you will assist in the coordination of all in-arena game presentation activities as well as all annual and single time special events. Your leadership, passion and commitment to teamwork will contribute to inspiring others.
- Assist with the planning and execution of all in-arena and on court entertainment activities & talent including the Raptors mascot, Dance teams, Game Crew, Interactive Squad, in-arena announcer & host, DJ and additional entertainers
- Assist in the creative development of unique and entertaining live skits, video board entertainment and live promotions with an emphasis on the 5 areas of focus – Fan Engagement, Player Integration, Video Production, Ritual Activation, and Music
- Oversee all part time game night staff
- Execute and assist with all pre and post-game activities, promotions and concourse activations
- Negotiate, schedule and execute all halftime shows and anthem performances
- Collaborate with Brand and Global Partnership departments to handle in-game promotions
- Work closely with other departments (i.e EDI, Sponsorship, Ticket Sales, Marketing, and Community) to help activate department objectives
- Negotiate with outside suppliers for goods and services, as required
- Research and record methods and NBA/sports best practices in game presentation and special events; maintain our standing as a first class organization
- Control inventory of all game related supplies, props and prizes
- Communicate all game night requirements to the appropriate departments
- Assist with other related duties and special projects as assigned
- Post-secondary degree or diploma in Sports Management, Broadcasting, Marketing or Event Planning
- 1-2 years of experience with game operations, marketing/promotions, entertainment/production, and/or special event activities
- A CREATIVE “big thinker” who can generate and execute new concepts and ideas
- Must have a high level of Basketball knowledge
- Must be informed on the current Raptors team and its history
- Proven ability to oversee many projects simultaneously and to perform under pressure
- A high level of initiative, utilizing good judgment and common sense
- Confident user of XP, Word, Excel
- Must be extremely detail-oriented
- Proven to perform well under pressure; manage multiple priorities simultaneously
- Available to work all game nights including weekends and holidays as required
- A positive, winning approach, incorporating integrity, confidentiality and discretion
Please apply by: October 22, 2021
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. Maple Leaf Sports & Entertainment Partnership will provide reasonable accommodation for qualified individuals with disabilities in the job application process. If you have difficulty using our online application system and you need an accommodation due to a disability, please email [email protected] Please note this email is only for accommodation requests. Resumes sent to this email address will not be considered.