Supervisor, Quick Service
- 50 Bay St., Toronto, ON M5J 3A5, Canada
Maple Leaf Sports & Entertainment (MLSE) one of the world's premier sports and entertainment companies, owns the Toronto Maple Leafs (NHL), Toronto Raptors (NBA), Toronto FC (MLS), Toronto Argonauts (CFL), Toronto Marlies (AHL), Raptors 905 (NBA D-League), TFC II (USL) and Raptors Uprising Gaming Club, the Toronto Raptors Esports franchise in the NBA 2K League. Its charitable arm, MLSE Foundation, focuses on funding initiatives to support youth through sport and recreational programs. In 2017 MLSE Foundation, with support of community and corporate partners, built MLSE LaunchPad, a 42,000-sq. ft. space dedicated to programming that support its four Pillars: Healthy Body, Healthy Mind, Ready For School and Ready For Work.
MLSE also owns and operates Scotiabank Arena, Canada’s premier sports & entertainment venue hosting more than 200 events each year, as well as two digital channels (Leafs Nation Network and NBA TV Canada), and has a partnership with Live Nation (the biggest concert promoter in the world). MLSE has also invested in and operates five of Toronto's sports facilities – Coca-Cola Coliseum, BMO Field, BMO Training Grounds at Downsview Park, home of Toronto FC's Academy and the First Team's practice facility, the Toronto Raptors’ training facility and the MasterCard Centre for Hockey Excellence, the practice facility for the Maple Leafs and Marlies.
MLSE’s common purpose is to unite and empower employees to deliver extraordinary moments to our fans and each other.
As a valuable member of the Food & Beverage team, you will deliver championship service throughout the organization. Under the direction of the Food and Beverage Manager, you will assist in overseeing and directing all aspects of the Quick Service Department including Concessions, Premium Hospitality Service, Vending and Bar operations. You will be instrumental in supporting outstanding fan and staff relations.
- Mentor and motivate staff during games and events.
- Strictly ensure responsible alcohol service using Smart Serve principles.
- Ensure AGCO and MLSE policies and regulations are followed.
- Supervise and direct the prompt, efficient and friendly serving of all food and beverage.
- Work quickly and independently to resolve operational issues when necessary, ensuring proper follow up with Manager.
- Control inventory within assigned area to ensure the smooth operation of the unit.
- Participate in all fields of administrative work including but not limited to: opening/closing duties, cleaning checklists, tracking sales and service statistics nightly, performance reviews, and maintenance logs.
- Monitor and handle speed of service and product quality.
- Assist in the training and development of staff.
- Adhere to all MLSE service standards and policies including Health & Safety.
- Smart Serve certification required
- Proven track record of effective communicate with fans, and all levels of management and staff
- Serve Safe certification an asset
- Previous experience in a unionized work environment is helpful
- Ability to create a fun yet productive working environment
- Must be available to work evenings, weekends and holidays; varying hours based on event schedule
- A winning attitude
Apply by: September 20, 2021
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Maple Leaf Sports & Entertainment Partnership will provide reasonable accommodation for qualified individuals with disabilities in the job application process. If you have difficulty using our online application system and you need an accommodation due to a disability, please email [email protected] Please note this email is only for accommodation requests. Resumes sent to this email address will not be considered.