Accounts Receivable Coordinator
- Bay St., Toronto, ON, Canada
Maple Leaf Sports & Entertainment (MLSE) strives to deliver championships to our city and our fans.
We're redefining sports entertainment beyond cheering in the stands and watching the game from puck drop to the buzzer. We are taking the fan experience beyond mere spectators through long and short-form stories across multiple social platforms. It's pre-taped or live; behind the scenes or in your face. It's video, music, stills, and interviews, seamlessly woven together to create the ultimate fan experience. That's who we do this for; people like you, your neighbour, your partner, and your family.
We give the fans access to everything they want to know about our hometown teams - and beyond. To bring past, present, and future generations of fans together to cheer on our teams takes an incredible amount of creativity, innovation, technology, and rapid-fire decision-making.
MLSE’s common purpose is to unite and empower employees to deliver extraordinary moments to our fans and each other. We celebrate the diversity, individuality, and personality of our peers, striving to be the best in class, in every class. We believe in Respect, Resilience, Commitment, and Ambition. We work for, with, and around the people that inspire us to try, persist, and achieve more.
Our work goes beyond games, seasons, trophies, and tours. Our success is measured by more than a scoreboard. Our team is stronger when we stand united. We create, we celebrate, we build, and we become better. What we choose to do next, means everything. It defines greatness, builds character, makes history, and brings the world to its feet.
We're looking for: An Accounts Receivable Coordinator.
With an eye for detail and a thirst for growth, you will join the Finance department to facilitate the day-to-day accounting duties at MLSE as our new Accounts Receivable Coordinator. Reporting to the Manager, Finance, you will maintain accounts across several business units, ensuring invoices are processed, delivered, or received in due time.
What's in it for you
Company-wide impact. Your role in maintaining MLSE's accounts will be integral to ensuring the success of activities across all the relevant departments. Our finance department sits at the core of facilitating the seamless accomplishment of many sporting tournaments and live events that we hold to create the best moments for our fans. Your contribution will only serve to ensure continuous financial cooperation across our teams and venues, further cementing us as the country's most trusted provider of premium, fan-focused experiences.
Career growth. You have more than what it takes to chart a career path for yourself within MLSE. From the Accounts Receivable Coordinator role, there are numerous opportunities for you to grow your experience by learning from the various departments around you. There is also room for cross-departmental migration if a specific path happens to attract your attention while you work with us.
A supportive work environment. You will most likely never experience a dull day working with MLSE. Each day welcomes you to a collaborative team and support from your seniors. It is the type of workplace where your expertise truly shines as you learn and grow in a setting that is as challenging as it is fun.
Be part of the action and the experience. You will:
- Monitor and facilitate invoicing. You will keep track of invoicing for all of MLSE's accounts, maintaining accurate coding and approval for them. You will prepare and distribute invoices for Executive Suite Services, Global Partnerships, Food & Beverage, Retail, and other business units within the company. Additionally, you will check to verify taxes on these invoices, allocating them accordingly where necessary.
- Apply payments and follow up on collections. You will regularly check and apply payments to the corresponding invoices in all business units. You will also follow up with internal or external clients on the collections and send out customer account statements on a regular basis.
- Answer queries regarding finance. You will be the point person for all inquiries from internal customers and external prospects regarding billing and statement balances. You will aim to provide the most accurate information as part of your welcoming customer service experience.
- Maintain MLSE's customer records. You will maintain an organized database of our accounts and customer files, regularly carrying out clean-up and quality control activities to maintain database integrity.
- Streamline AR processes. You will strive to ensure a seamless flow of processes within the finance department, specifically regarding accounts. You will prepare journal entries, assist with bank deposits, and reconcile Balance sheets to improve the efficiency in the performance of accounting duties.
Your player stats. You have:
- The experience and education. You have a background studying accounting and have previously worked in a related area. Two to three years of experience in an Accounts Receivable role is an asset.
- The technical proficiency. You have a working knowledge of ERP software and are open to learning similar platforms. You are well versed in productivity tools such as the Microsoft Office Suite, particularly Excel.
- The analytical mind. You pay close attention to detail and can carefully scrutinize and organize information. You are keen on problem-solving, finding ways to resolve the challenges that come your way.
- The drive to grow. You have a curious mind and are open to learning from your colleagues and mentors. You value training as a chance to listen and understand new things, and you're always looking for constructive feedback to improve the quality of your work.
- The personality. You are an eloquent communicator who can confidently relay information to stakeholders and customers. Your positive attitude makes you more responsive to customer service, and your commitment to their satisfaction drives you to want to help. You're a team player who enjoys the opportunity to collaborate with others to achieve company-wide objectives.
Beyond the camera is a different type of action.
As founders of the MLSE Foundation, we believe in changing lives through the spirit and the power of sports. With the support of all MLSE teams, we give youth access to sports and the opportunity to develop lasting dreams on the playing field. Since launching in December 2009, MLSE Foundation has invested more than $45 million into our communities, building facilities, giving to sustainable programs, and empowering kids through sports and recreation.
The challenges of the COVID-19 pandemic, and the urgency of the social justice movement, have shown that we must do more. 'Change the Game' will help level the playing field for thousands of youth in our city and province, investing to support community partners, provide greater access to free sports programs, and create opportunities for leadership focused on equity, diversity, and inclusion.
Changing the face of the game - on and off the field and the ice.
MLSE and our teams take immense pride in representing our great city, our community, and every fan – no matter their ethnicity, gender identity, sexual orientation, physical ability, or socio-economic status, to name a few. That pride in representing our city and our fans also brings great responsibility to lead and inspire positive and enduring social change.
Our entire organization – from ownership, management, team leadership and players, and every employee – is fully committed to standing behind our words and fostering a diverse and inclusive company at every level.
MLSE is a member of the Canadian Aboriginal and Minority Supplier Council (CAMSC), Canada's LGBT+ Chamber of Commerce (CGLCC), and Women Business Enterprises Canada Council (WBE Canada). Each group is dedicated to helping identify and certify businesses that champion opportunities for innovation, competitiveness, and community engagement, expanding opportunities for aboriginal and minority suppliers, increasing the involvement of Canada's women-owned businesses, and fostering greater diversity and inclusion across Canada's economy.
At MLSE, we know that not everyone gains their skills the same way. If you have 70% of the skills we're looking for and 100% of the passion for what we do, we'd love to hear from you! While we can't guarantee an interview, we do promise to consider the full breadth of your experience. Express your interest here.
At MLSE, we celebrate the differences that make us all unique and strive to make our workplace accessible however we can. Should you require accommodation throughout any stage of the recruitment and selection process, please specify your requirements to [email protected] when submitting your application, and we will work with you to accommodate your needs.