- 40 Bay St., Toronto, ON M5J 2X8, Canada
Maple Leaf Sports & Entertainment (MLSE) one of the world's premier sports and entertainment companies, owns the Toronto Maple Leafs (NHL), Toronto Raptors (NBA), Toronto FC (MLS), Toronto Argonauts (CFL), Toronto Marlies (AHL), Raptors 905 (NBA D-League), TFC II (USL) and Raptors Uprising Gaming Club, the Toronto Raptors Esports franchise in the NBA 2K League. Its charitable arm, MLSE Foundation, focuses on funding initiatives to support youth through sport and recreational programs. In 2017 MLSE Foundation, with support of community and corporate partners, built MLSE LaunchPad, a 42,000-sq. ft. space dedicated to programming that support its four Pillars: Healthy Body, Healthy Mind, Ready For School and Ready For Work.
MLSE also owns and operates Scotiabank Arena, Canada’s premier sports & entertainment venue hosting more than 200 events each year, as well as two digital channels (Leafs Nation Network and NBA TV Canada), and has a partnership with Live Nation (the biggest concert promoter in the world). MLSE has also invested in and operates five of Toronto's sports facilities – Coca-Cola Coliseum, BMO Field, BMO Training Grounds at Downsview Park, home of Toronto FC's Academy and the First Team's practice facility, the Toronto Raptors’ training facility and the MasterCard Centre for Hockey Excellence, the practice facility for the Maple Leafs and Marlies.
MLSE’s common purpose is to unite and empower employees to deliver extraordinary moments to our fans and each other.
As a valuable member of the Food & Beverage team, you will prepare Quick Service menu items and condiments, while ensuring championship service in a high-paced, high-volume environment. You will efficiently maintain kitchen and concession areas, following the guidelines presented by the Toronto Public Health Board.
- Gather, wash, cut, season, cook, and store quality ingredients in an efficient and effective manner.
- Maintain a clean, organized and safe work area in accordance with the Toronto Public Health Board.
- Maintain complete personal hygiene at all times while on duty, such as washing hands at all necessary times, wearing a clean, pressed uniform, and properly restrained hair.
- Ensure proper storage of all food ingredients in their respective areas, using accurate rotation.
- Demonstrate the accurate use of all kitchen equipment, in a safe and sanitary manner.
- Maintain a high level of quality and consistency.
- Report all equipment problems and food product discrepancies to a Supervisor.
- Ability to train co-workers on product knowledge, specs and Teamwork.
- Ability to direct and delegate tasks to co-workers.
- Perform other duties as delegated by the Supervisors.
- Adhere to MLSE service standards and policies, including Health & Safety.
- Work in compliance with the provisions of the Occupational Health & Safety Act.
- Food Handler Certification is required (Basics.fst, Toronto Public Health, or equivalent)
- Available to work evenings, weekends and holidays as the need arises
- Knife handling skills an asset
- Knowledge and skill level to work in a variety of kitchen locations
- Willing to learn and apply Quick Service recipe specifications within a designated time frame
- Ability to work well under pressure in a multifaceted environment
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills in a team-focused environment
- A winning attitude
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Maple Leaf Sports & Entertainment Partnership will provide reasonable accommodation for qualified individuals with disabilities in the job application process. If you have difficulty using our online application system and you need an accommodation due to a disability, please email [email protected] Please note this email is only for accommodation requests. Resumes sent to this email address will not be considered.