- 40 Bay St., Toronto, ON M5J 2X8, Canada
Maple Leaf Sports & Entertainment (MLSE) one of the world's premier sports and entertainment companies, owns the Toronto Maple Leafs (NHL), Toronto Raptors (NBA), Toronto FC (MLS), Toronto Argonauts (CFL), Toronto Marlies (AHL), Raptors 905 (NBA D-League), TFC II (USL) and Raptors Uprising Gaming Club, the Toronto Raptors Esports franchise in the NBA 2K League. Its charitable arm, MLSE Foundation, focuses on funding initiatives to support youth through sport and recreational programs. In 2017 MLSE Foundation, with support of community and corporate partners, built MLSE LaunchPad, a 42,000-sq. ft. space dedicated to programming that support its four Pillars: Healthy Body, Healthy Mind, Ready For School and Ready For Work.
MLSE also owns and operates Scotiabank Arena, Canada’s premier sports & entertainment venue hosting more than 200 events each year, as well as two digital channels (Leafs Nation Network and NBA TV Canada), and has a partnership with Live Nation (the biggest concert promoter in the world). MLSE has also invested in and operates five of Toronto's sports facilities – Coca-Cola Coliseum, BMO Field, BMO Training Grounds at Downsview Park, home of Toronto FC's Academy and the First Team's practice facility, the Toronto Raptors’ training facility and the MasterCard Centre for Hockey Excellence, the practice facility for the Maple Leafs and Marlies.
MLSE’s common purpose is to unite and empower employees to deliver extraordinary moments to our fans and each other.
MLSE owns and operates multiple restaurants and Arenas in and around the Toronto Area including Scotiabank Arena, BMO Field, Coca-Cola Coliseum, e11even, Real Sports, Hot Stove Club, Platinum Club and Scotia Club.
As a valuable member of the Culinary Team, you will deliver winning service in a high-paced, high-volume environment. As directed by the Chef, you will ensure accurate preparation and cooking techniques/processes are implemented.
- Order, maintain, transfer and ensure quality inventory of protein, produce, dry goods and cleaning supplies.
- Provide hands-on support, training and direction to Cooks while on station to ensure final product, including meat, fish and sauce is presented/plated according to specifications laid out by the manager.
- Taste test food for quality assurance under day duty responsibility.
- Primary for closing the kitchen, ensuring accurate closing procedures are followed.
- Report all equipment problems/maintenance concerns and food product discrepancies to the Manager.
- Maintain a clean, organized and safe work area in accordance with food safety and health and safety standards.
- Ensure proper storage of all food ingredients in their respective areas, using accurate rotation.
- Prioritize and organize tasks for speed and quality assurance.
- Contribute positively to a team-focused environment and maintain a proactive and positive relationship with FOH to ensure guest satisfaction is optimal.
- Follow all MLSE Health & Safety policies and procedures.
- Work in compliance with the provisions of the Occupational Health & Safety Act.
- Minimum 3 years of culinary experience in a high volume kitchen
- Must be available to work evenings, weekends and holidays as the need arises
- POS and inventory system experience and asset
- Ability to work well under pressure and take initiative in a fast-paced multifaceted environment
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- A winning attitude
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. Maple Leaf Sports & Entertainment Partnership will provide reasonable accommodation for qualified individuals with disabilities in the job application process. If you have difficulty using our online application system and you need an accommodation due to a disability, please email [email protected] Please note this email is only for accommodation requests. Resumes sent to this email address will not be considered.