Sous Chef, RS
- 15 York St, Toronto, ON M5J 0A3, Canada
Maple Leaf Sports & Entertainment (MLSE) one of the world's premier sports and entertainment companies, owns the Toronto Maple Leafs (NHL), Toronto Raptors (NBA), Toronto FC (MLS), Toronto Argonauts (CFL), Toronto Marlies (AHL), Raptors 905 (NBA D-League), TFC II (USL) and Raptors Uprising Gaming Club, the Toronto Raptors Esports franchise in the NBA 2K League. Its charitable arm, MLSE Foundation, focuses on funding initiatives to support youth through sport and recreational programs. In 2017 MLSE Foundation, with support of community and corporate partners, built MLSE LaunchPad, a 42,000-sq. ft. space dedicated to programming that support its four Pillars: Healthy Body, Healthy Mind, Ready For School and Ready For Work.
MLSE also owns and operates Scotiabank Arena, Canada’s premier sports & entertainment venue hosting more than 200 events each year, as well as two digital channels (Leafs Nation Network and NBA TV Canada), and has a partnership with Live Nation (the biggest concert promoter in the world). MLSE has also invested in and operates five of Toronto's sports facilities – Coca-Cola Coliseum, BMO Field, BMO Training Grounds at Downsview Park, home of Toronto FC's Academy and the First Team's practice facility, the Toronto Raptors’ training facility and the MasterCard Centre for Hockey Excellence, the practice facility for the Maple Leafs and Marlies.
MLSE’s common purpose is to unite and empower employees to deliver extraordinary moments to our fans and each other.
Real Sports is reopening as a new, split-purpose concept, still conveniently located beside Scotiabank Arena. No longer just a sports bar, the new RS is a culinary and entertainment destination offering 2 distinct spaces, each catering to a unique experience.
Leveraging 10 years as ESPN’s #1 sports bar in North America, ARENA is a sports haven that features Toronto’s largest screen, a DJ booth and a 100-foot bar. A new, modern design features premium styles and materials, and the upscale menu offers hand-selected, local and seasonal ingredients. Experience the most thrilling match-ups played out on a supersized, 39-foot HD screen, broadcasting every sport played on the pitch, court, field and ice. It’s by far the best place to watch sports outside of the stadium!
A whole new side of RS, RESTO offers an upscale lounge experience dedicated to quality food and entertainment. With a premium design, a 30-foot bar as a centerpiece, a stage dedicated to live music, a VIP room and private suites, RESTO is the ultimate place for a business lunch, an after-work get-together with friends or a weekend date.
As part of our dynamic and knowledgeable culinary team, you will be responsible for the menu creation and execution of premium events; creating incredible food for our clients. You will be heavily involved in managing and operating the culinary department’s food costs and operating expenses. You will have ongoing awareness and responsiveness to client satisfaction, while maintaining exceptional interpersonal and communication skills. As the ideal team member joining us, you are a creative thinker with innovative culinary ideas that will drive efficiency and improve business processes within the culinary department.
- Create “craveable” menus that are current while ensuring clients have memorable experiences.
- Train and develop team on a daily basis.
- Schedule staff according to current CBA guidelines.
- Promote our internal Common Purpose and employee programs.
- Coordinate all food ordering and requisitions for daily lunch and dinner requirements.
- Work with Managers to ensure correct billing of events, including food, labor, props, rentals, taxes and gratuities.
- Handle sales revenues and operating expenses effectively.
- Provide outstanding customer service and food quality satisfaction.
- Actively participate in all relevant culinary & MLSE departmental meetings.
- Assist with other related functions as assigned by Chef and Manager.
- 2-3 years culinary management experience within a high volume restaurant
- Journeyman’s Cooks Papers (or equivalent in practical experience)
- Experience in food costing and menu development
- Experience in large quantity cooking and high volume line expediting and buffet presentations is an asset
- An ongoing awareness and responsiveness to client satisfaction.
- Exceptional interpersonal, presentation and communication skills, where building a rapport comes naturally
- Proficient in MS Office and Restaurant POS
- Understanding of Industry business principles
- Committed to work evenings/weekends as the need arises
- A professional, winning attitude
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Maple Leaf Sports & Entertainment Partnership will provide reasonable accommodation for qualified individuals with disabilities in the job application process. If you have difficulty using our online application system and you need an accommodation due to a disability, please email [email protected] Please note this email is only for accommodation requests. Resumes sent to this email address will not be considered.