Coordinator, Media Relations, Toronto Raptors
- 50 Bay St., Toronto, ON M5J 3A5, Canada
Maple Leaf Sports & Entertainment (MLSE) one of the world's premier sports and entertainment companies, owns the Toronto Maple Leafs (NHL), Toronto Raptors (NBA), Toronto FC (MLS), Toronto Argonauts (CFL), Toronto Marlies (AHL), Raptors 905 (NBA D-League), TFC II (USL) and Raptors Uprising Gaming Club, the Toronto Raptors Esports franchise in the NBA 2K League. Its charitable arm, MLSE Foundation, focuses on funding initiatives to support youth through sport and recreational programs. In 2017 MLSE Foundation, with support of community and corporate partners, built MLSE LaunchPad, a 42,000-sq. ft. space dedicated to programming that support its four Pillars: Healthy Body, Healthy Mind, Ready For School and Ready For Work.
MLSE’s common purpose is to unite and empower employees to deliver extraordinary moments to our fans and each other.
Who We Are
We celebrate the diversity, individuality, and personality of our peers, striving to be the best in class, in every class. We believe in Respect, Resilience, Commitment, and Ambition. We work for, with, and around the people that inspire us to try, persist, and achieve more.
Our work goes beyond games, seasons, trophies, and tours. Our success is measured by more than a scoreboard. Our team is stronger when we stand united. We create, we celebrate, we build, and we become better!
What we choose to do next, means everything! It defines greatness, builds character, makes history, and brings the world to its feet.
So, Are You In?
The Toronto Raptors are seeking a coordinator to join the communications team part-time. The Coordinator, Media Relations is a valuable part of the Raptors PR team and will assist with a variety of duties. The Coordinator, Media Relations will assist with all in-game and game day media relations needs, and help deliver great service to our media and broadcast partners.
- Ensure execution of game day media logistics, including credential desk, media room and arena seating setup.
- Assist with game-day media materials, such as postgame quotes and notes.
- Assist with media requests at practices and shootarounds.
- Research and distribute daily team media clips.
- Produce and distribute single-game credentials.
- Produce and distribute visiting team hotel packs.
- Complete game notes for all games.
- Maintain living team statistics, such as player, coach and team performance charts, information for notes, team records, and league records.
- Support team staff with statistical research projects, inquiries, and issues.
- Ensure accurate, timely in-game distribution of statistical information for media, such as box scores, milestones, and records.
- Assist with logistics and execution of all Raptors media events, including media day, press conferences, training camp, draft workouts, and others as necessary.
- Support the content, design, and production of the Raptors’ media guides, playoff guides, draft guides, and summer league guides, and provide material and statistics for campaigns throughout the year, such as All-Star and end-of-year NBA awards.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree or diploma in journalism, public relations, sports administration or a related field.
- Media relations experience, preferably in a sports organization.
- Strong working knowledge of the NBA and Toronto Raptors.
- Ability to manage confidential information in a professional manner.
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills.
- Knowledge of programs such as InDesign, Microsoft Excel, Publisher, and Word.
- Flexibility to work evenings, weekends, and holidays as needed.
- Ability to legally work in Canada.
Please apply by: September 20, 2021
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. Maple Leaf Sports & Entertainment Partnership will provide reasonable accommodation for qualified individuals with disabilities in the job application process. If you have difficulty using our online application system and you need an accommodation due to a disability, please email [email protected] Please note this email is only for accommodation requests. Resumes sent to this email address will not be considered.