Coordinator, Marketing - Music & Live Events
Maple Leaf Sports & Entertainment (MLSE) one of the world's premier sports and entertainment companies, owns the Toronto Maple Leafs (NHL), Toronto Raptors (NBA), Toronto FC (MLS), Toronto Argonauts (CFL), Toronto Marlies (AHL), Raptors 905 (NBA D-League), TFC II (USL) and Raptors Uprising Gaming Club, the Toronto Raptors Esports franchise in the NBA 2K League. Its charitable arm, MLSE Foundation, focuses on funding initiatives to support youth through sport and recreational programs. In 2017 MLSE Foundation, with support of community and corporate partners, built MLSE LaunchPad, a 42,000-sq. ft. space dedicated to programming that support its four Pillars: Healthy Body, Healthy Mind, Ready For School and Ready For Work.
MLSE also owns and operates Scotiabank Arena, Canada’s premier sports & entertainment venue hosting more than 200 events each year, as well as two digital channels (Leafs Nation Network and NBA TV Canada), and has a partnership with Live Nation (the biggest concert promoter in the world). MLSE has also invested in and operates five of Toronto's sports facilities – Coca-Cola Coliseum, BMO Field, BMO Training Grounds at Downsview Park, home of Toronto FC's Academy and the First Team's practice facility, the Toronto Raptors’ training facility and the MasterCard Centre for Hockey Excellence, the practice facility for the Maple Leafs and Marlies.
MLSE’s common purpose is to unite and empower employees to deliver extraordinary moments to our fans and each other.
Are you a passionate live music fan and have a love for marketing? In this role you will be a key member of what it takes to bring live music to life in some of Toronto’s most iconic music venues. With the objective of developing outstanding events, driving event awareness and ticket sales as well as building the brands of our best-in-class entertainment venues both locally and internationally, your passion for music, sports & entertainment, combined with experience and creativity in marketing and promotions make you an integral part of our team!
Reporting to the Manager, Commercial Marketing – Music & Live Events, the successful candidate will work closely will all business units in the Live Entertainment portfolio to ensure our events are sold out, our artist and fan experiences are top notch and our revenue streams are constantly growing. With a focus on concert/show marketing, this role is vital to the success of our sold-out best-in-class concerts. Working with external concert promoters to localize marketing plans and executes the media buys and promotions. This role also supports our premium ticketing group, concert retail group and food & beverage group on concert nights.
Constantly collaborating with our Digital Content team and global partners to build best in class content opportunities and demonstrate your skills in the digital space to gain the best possible results. You will apply your teammate attributes and self-starter approach while also having the opportunity to chip in beyond the scope of this role.
This is not your typical 9-5 job. A major part of our business occurs on concert nights and you’ll be expected to attend events as needed (once it is safe to do so). This position is based out of the MLSE offices at Scotiabank Arena but is working remote until we return to the office.
- Aid in developing the overall marketing strategy for various concerts, 3rd party properties, and sporting events, executing creatively & within budget
- Work with external promoters, agents, agencies and multi-media properties to conceptualize and execute marketing plans, concepts and events, thinking big and outside of the box to help drive awareness to our concerts/events/venues as well as drive revenue through sold out shows
- Serve as the liaison between internal and external agencies ensuring creative and tactical strategies are developed and executed
- Work with digital and social media teams to creatively promote events and nurture the venue’s proprietary digital audience
- Contribute to the strategic planning and creative conceptualization of future music partnerships event initiatives
- Develop high impact promotions and strong consumer awareness for various events with a focus on non-paid media which results in driving ticket sales
- Crafting day of show on site sheets that provide full details of all media activity, contest winners, radio promotions that might be taking place at the event
- Work during event days/nights, weekends and special events as required
- Support various business units within the live entertainment team to ensure the success of KPI’s and other targets
- Demonstrate your creative skills to build upon our award-winning artist gifting program
- Experience with promotions, advertising, and/or media as it relates to live entertainment or events an asset
- Capable of delivering within a fast paced environment, utilizing time management and interpersonal skills
- Knowledge of the digital marketing landscape an asset
- Strong administrative skills; proficient in MS Office 365
- Proven ability to build and develop professional relationships
- A creative self-starter, driven by results and alert to change
- A “one-team” approach toward departmental and company-wide goals
- Alert and receptive to shifting demands within a fast-paced, changing environment
- A positive, winning demeanor; incorporating integrity, confidentiality and discretion
- Organizational skills is a requirement. We have a lot of on the go at any given moment in time and you’ll need to maintain visibility on it
- Clear creative direction. It’s not always easy to be concise, direct, and effective to bring your vision to life, but you’ve been there before and know how to be efficient
- Developed instincts - you know what’s quality and can articulate what makes it sing
Education and/or Experience
- Post Secondary degree (Marketing degree is preferred);
- At least 1-2 years hands-on experience in the marketing, communications or promotions field demonstrating an understanding of general marketing principles & strategic demeanor.
- Strong interest in and knowledge live concerts and music
Apply by: August 20, 2021
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. Maple Leaf Sports & Entertainment Partnership will provide reasonable accommodation for qualified individuals with disabilities in the job application process. If you have difficulty using our online application system and you need an accommodation due to a disability, please email [email protected]. Please note this email is only for accommodation requests. Resumes sent to this email address will not be considered.