ACCOUNT MANAGER, COMMERCIAL CLIENTS
- 50 Bay St., Toronto, ON M5J 3A5, Canada
Maple Leaf Sports & Entertainment (MLSE) one of the world's premier sports and entertainment companies, owns the Toronto Maple Leafs (NHL), Toronto Raptors (NBA), Toronto FC (MLS), Toronto Argonauts (CFL), Toronto Marlies (AHL), Raptors 905 (NBA D-League), TFC II (USL) and Raptors Uprising Gaming Club, the Toronto Raptors Esports franchise in the NBA 2K League. Its charitable arm, MLSE Foundation, focuses on funding initiatives to support youth through sport and recreational programs. In 2017 MLSE Foundation, with support of community and corporate partners, built MLSE LaunchPad, a 42,000-sq. ft. space dedicated to programming that support its four Pillars: Healthy Body, Healthy Mind, Ready For School and Ready For Work.
MLSE also owns and operates Scotiabank Arena, Canada’s premier sports & entertainment venue hosting more than 200 events each year, as well as two digital channels (Leafs Nation Network and NBA TV Canada), and has a partnership with Live Nation (the biggest concert promoter in the world). MLSE has also invested in and operates five of Toronto's sports facilities – Coca-Cola Coliseum, BMO Field, BMO Training Grounds at Downsview Park, home of Toronto FC's Academy and the First Team's practice facility, the Toronto Raptors’ training facility and the Ford Performance Centre, the practice facility for the Maple Leafs and Marlies.
MLSE’s common purpose is to unite and empower employees to deliver extraordinary moments to our fans and each other.
Who We Are
We celebrate the diversity, individuality, and personality of our peers, striving to be the best in class, in every class. We believe in Respect, Resilience, Commitment, and Ambition. We work for, with, and around the people that inspire us to try, persist, and achieve more.
Our work goes beyond games, seasons, trophies, and tours. Our success is measured by more than a scoreboard. Our team is stronger when we stand united. We create, we celebrate, we build, and we become better!
What we choose to do next, means everything! It defines greatness, builds character, makes history, and brings the world to its feet.
About the Team
MLSE Digital Labs is the technology and innovation arm of MLSE. Digital Labs strives to push the boundaries of sports and entertainment by creating extraordinary moments, amplifying our competitive advantage through technology, and encouraging a culture of integrity, inclusion, and innovation.
About the Role
The Account Manager role is responsible for the success of MLSE Digital Labs’ commercial clients by coordinating all aspects of a successful commercial product implementation, developing trusted relationships with key account contacts, crafting new opportunities via MLSE’s portfolio of products and services, and driving revenue retention.
We are looking for a collaborative and highly engaged Account Manager to drive client success and revenue growth across a set of new and existing customers and own the client relationship across key accounts.
If you are a strong communicator and quick learner, have a passion for technology and innovation, and enjoy building relationships with your clients, then we invite you to apply.
- Own, drive, and manage the end-to-end client relationship from engagement to implementation to ongoing account management – ensuring client satisfaction, renewal, and expansion
- Plan and execute client onboarding including training and launch planning
- Work collaboratively with sales, engineering, product, commercial operations, design, application support and other cross functional groups such as legal, finance, and marketing to ensure seamless client onboarding and ongoing engagement
- Triage performance issues and initiate escalations to ensure successful resolution if required
- Delight every Digital Labs client with each interaction and play a key role in developing the market reputation of Digital Labs as we scale and evolve our products to meet clients’ needs
- Deliver impactful product demos, provide insightful technical answers, and recommend innovative ways to get the most out of the product/service
- Be the voice and champion of the client to the product team and other cross-functional teams
- Assist client with product data analysis and reporting when necessary
- Make every potential and existing Digital Labs client happy with every interaction
- Develop a thorough understanding of Digital Labs’ products and the value they bring to clients
- Manage, track, and report sales activities and results using Salesforce
- Experience as an Account Manager, Account Executive, or commercially focused Customer Success Manager, preferably at a technology company
- Experience in project implementation and/or product management
- Strong track record of managing executive relationships and collaborating with cross functional partners
- Outstanding communicator, both written and verbal
- Curious and always willing to learn or take on a new challenge
- Client-oriented problem solving & analytical approach
- Commercial acumen
- Collaborative and highly engaged approach
- Solid understanding of MS Office Suite (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint)
- Knowledge of Salesforce.com a plus
- Knowledge of the sports industry a bonus
Apply by August 4, 2021
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. Maple Leaf Sports & Entertainment Partnership will provide reasonable accommodation for qualified individuals with disabilities in the job application process. If you have difficulty using our online application system and you need an accommodation due to a disability, please email [email protected] Please note this email is only for accommodation requests. Resumes sent to this email address will not be considered.