Manager, Ticket Operations
- 50 Bay St., Toronto, ON M5J 3A5, Canada
Maple Leaf Sports & Entertainment (MLSE) one of the world's premier sports and entertainment companies, owns the Toronto Maple Leafs (NHL), Toronto Raptors (NBA), Toronto FC (MLS), Toronto Argonauts (CFL), Toronto Marlies (AHL), Raptors 905 (NBA D-League), TFC II (USL) and Raptors Uprising Gaming Club, the Toronto Raptors Esports franchise in the NBA 2K League. Its charitable arm, MLSE Foundation, focuses on funding initiatives to support youth through sport and recreational programs. In 2017 MLSE Foundation, with support of community and corporate partners, built MLSE LaunchPad, a 42,000-sq. ft. space dedicated to programming that support its four Pillars: Healthy Body, Healthy Mind, Ready For School and Ready For Work.
MLSE also owns and operates Scotiabank Arena, Canada’s premier sports & entertainment venue hosting more than 200 events each year, as well as two digital channels (Leafs Nation Network and NBA TV Canada), and has a partnership with Live Nation (the biggest concert promoter in the world). MLSE has also invested in and operates five of Toronto's sports facilities – Coca-Cola Coliseum, BMO Field, BMO Training Grounds at Downsview Park, home of Toronto FC's Academy and the First Team's practice facility, the Toronto Raptors’ training facility and the Ford Performance Centre, the practice facility for the Maple Leafs and Marlies.
MLSE’s common purpose is to unite and empower employees to deliver extraordinary moments to our fans and each other.
Who We Are
We celebrate the diversity, individuality, and personality of our peers, striving to be the best in class, in every class. We believe in Respect, Resilience, Commitment, and Ambition. We work for, with, and around the people that inspire us to try, persist, and achieve more.
Our work goes beyond games, seasons, trophies, and tours. Our success is measured by more than a scoreboard. Our team is stronger when we stand united. We create, we celebrate, we build, and we become better!
What we choose to do next, means everything! It defines greatness, builds character, makes history, and brings the world to its feet.
As a vital member of the Ticket Operations, Administration and Reporting team, you will join the team responsible for ticket operations across Maple Leaf Sports and Entertainment (MLSE). You will lead the daily tasks of the team, execute Live event builds, and lead the Ticket Office to execute sales and service needs, as well as work strategically with the Live Events teams to help meet their plans. You have leadership experience and a history of working with and motivating a dynamic team to achieve their department goal. With a stellar attitude, quick thinking, and a “get-it-done” approach, you will excel on our ticketing team and help our organization to win off the playing surface.
- Build and manage Live Entertainment event/concert setup as required by various clients.
- Provide a best in class experience to our event promoters: work on detailed requirements, from event build through show settlement, and create a ticketed event on Ticketmaster system.
- Work directly with Ticketmaster to ensure our systems are up to date and operating efficiently, effectively, and harnessing all the tools available to make our ticket office best in class.
- Train, develop and motivate the staff (salaried and hourly)
- Lead and train the Ticket Operations Coordinators with respect to Live Entertainment ticketing builds utilizing Ticketmaster systems and event day management.
- Ensure our Ticket Office staff provide an elevated experience for fans attending our events, and that all customer service issues and needs are promptly addressed.
- Build exceptional partnership relations with all our external clients.
- Liase with the Live Event Operations and Production on final tech information related to CAD maps for events.
- Assist the Programming team and event promoters in pricing of event manifests
- Maintain ongoing communication and rapport with other department designates to fulfill ticket requirements.
- Supervision of event day ticket operations for all Sports and Live Entertainment events across all owned/operated venues.
- Ensure departmental professionalism and winning vision are intact.
- Provide extraordinary fan service both internal and external.
- Participate in special projects and perform other related duties as requested
- Provide reporting and assistance to the Director as required..
- 3+ years of experience in the Sports and/or Live Entertainment business.
- 2+ years of management experience and successfully leading people.
- Full working knowledge of the Ticketmaster Host system. Archtics experience is an asset.
- Experience providing exceptional service to, and settling events with, event promoters.
- Self-starter with the ability to problem-solve, independent learner with a strong ability to communicate to multiple levels in an organization.
- Comfortable and capable of delivering within a deadline-driven environment, utilizing time management and organizational skills.
- Ability to enhance and lead a positive, innovative and encouraging work environment.
- Shown ability to listen, understand and communicate effectively.
- Ability to work evenings, weekends and holidays, as required by the event schedule.
- Excellent organization and time-management skills with the ability to handle several tasks and deadlines.
- Excellent computer skills (Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint, Ticketmaster, Workplace, Workday etc.).
- Demonstrated pride in accuracy and efficiency.
- Shown to perform well under pressure.
- An ongoing awareness and responsiveness to client satisfaction.
- A winning approach, incorporating integrity, confidentiality and discretion
Apply by August 4, 2021
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. Maple Leaf Sports & Entertainment Partnership will provide reasonable accommodation for qualified individuals with disabilities in the job application process. If you have difficulty using our online application system and you need an accommodation due to a disability, please email [email protected] Please note this email is only for accommodation requests. Resumes sent to this email address will not be considered.