Data Engineer, SPL (12 Month Contract)
- 50 Bay St., Toronto, ON M5J 3A5, Canada
Maple Leaf Sports & Entertainment (MLSE) one of the world's premier sports and entertainment companies, owns the Toronto Maple Leafs (NHL), Toronto Raptors (NBA), Toronto FC (MLS), Toronto Argonauts (CFL), Toronto Marlies (AHL), Raptors 905 (NBA D-League), TFC II (USL) and Raptors Uprising Gaming Club, the Toronto Raptors Esports franchise in the NBA 2K League. Its charitable arm, MLSE Foundation, focuses on funding initiatives to support youth through sport and recreational programs. In 2017 MLSE Foundation, with support of community and corporate partners, built MLSE LaunchPad, a 42,000-sq. ft. space dedicated to programming that support its four Pillars: Healthy Body, Healthy Mind, Ready For School and Ready For Work.
MLSE also owns and operates Scotiabank Arena, Canada’s premier sports & entertainment venue hosting more than 200 events each year, as well as two digital channels (Leafs Nation Network and NBA TV Canada), and has a partnership with Live Nation (the biggest concert promoter in the world). MLSE has also invested in and operates five of Toronto's sports facilities – Coca-Cola Coliseum, BMO Field, BMO Training Grounds at Downsview Park, home of Toronto FC's Academy and the First Team's practice facility, the Toronto Raptors’ training facility and the Ford Performance Centre, the practice facility for the Maple Leafs and Marlies.
MLSE’s common purpose is to unite and empower employees to deliver extraordinary moments to our fans and each other.
Who We Are
We celebrate the diversity, individuality, and personality of our peers, striving to be the best in class, in every class. We believe in Respect, Resilience, Commitment, and Ambition. We work for, with, and around the people that inspire us to try, persist, and achieve more.
Our work goes beyond games, seasons, trophies, and tours. Our success is measured by more than a scoreboard. Our team is stronger when we stand united. We create, we celebrate, we build, and we become better!
What we choose to do next, means everything! It defines greatness, builds character, makes history, and brings the world to its feet.
MLSE Digital Labs is looking for a self-motivated and hard-working data engineer to join a diverse, fast paced and high-energy team! The successful candidate will be responsible to develop data solutions and support rapid prototyping for both Sport Science and Fan Engagement.
Data Engineer and Science Team
The Data Engineer & Science team build innovative solutions to support Science development and research while working alongside Front Office, Software Engineering and UX Design Team.
- Data pipeline design and development
- Continuous improvement of data ecosystem (ingest, store, process, cleanse, schedule, utilization, accessibility)
- Collection and retrieval of data from various internal and external sources
- Develop and continual improvement of the self-service analytics solutions
- Collaboration with our Data Science Team to productionize Machine Learning systems
- Balance several dynamic projects at a time
- Strong programming and software engineering skills (Python, Java, or equivalent)
- Proficiency with SQL & noSQL storage solutions
- Proficiency in designing and implementing cloud-based data solutions (AWS, GCP or Azure)
- Ability to analyze large data sets, perform data visualizations, develop hypotheses, and make insightful recommendations
- A self-starter, proven ability to manage multiple projects to strict deadlines
- Good communication and documentation skills
Education and Experience
BS in Computer Science, Mathematics, or meaningful industry experience is required. Front end development experience is desired.
Apply by August 3, 2021
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. Maple Leaf Sports & Entertainment Partnership will provide reasonable accommodation for qualified individuals with disabilities in the job application process. If you have difficulty using our online application system and you need an accommodation due to a disability, please email [email protected] Please note this email is only for accommodation requests. Resumes sent to this email address will not be considered.