Fan Engagement Representative
- 50 Bay St., Toronto, ON M5J 3A5, Canada
Maple Leaf Sports & Entertainment (MLSE) one of the world's premier sports and entertainment companies, owns the Toronto Maple Leafs (NHL), Toronto Raptors (NBA), Toronto FC (MLS), Toronto Argonauts (CFL), Toronto Marlies (AHL), Raptors 905 (NBA D-League), TFC II (USL) and Raptors Uprising Gaming Club, the Toronto Raptors Esports franchise in the NBA 2K League. Its charitable arm, MLSE Foundation, focuses on funding initiatives to support youth through sport and recreational programs. In 2017 MLSE Foundation, with support of community and corporate partners, built MLSE LaunchPad, a 42,000-sq. ft. space dedicated to programming that support its four Pillars: Healthy Body, Healthy Mind, Ready For School and Ready For Work.
MLSE also owns and operates Scotiabank Arena, Canada’s premier sports & entertainment venue hosting more than 200 events each year, as well as two digital channels (Leafs Nation Network and NBA TV Canada), and has a partnership with Live Nation (the biggest concert promoter in the world). MLSE has also invested in and operates five of Toronto's sports facilities – Coca-Cola Coliseum, BMO Field, BMO Training Grounds at Downsview Park, home of Toronto FC's Academy and the First Team's practice facility, the Toronto Raptors’ training facility and the Ford Performance Centre, the practice facility for the Maple Leafs and Marlies.
MLSE’s common purpose is to unite and empower employees to deliver extraordinary moments to our fans and each other.
Who We Are
We celebrate the diversity, individuality, and personality of our peers, striving to be the best in class, in every class. We believe in Respect, Resilience, Commitment, and Ambition. We work for, with, and around the people that inspire us to try, persist, and achieve more.
Our work goes beyond games, seasons, trophies, and tours. Our success is measured by more than a scoreboard. Our team is stronger when we stand united. We create, we celebrate, we build, and we become better!
What we choose to do next, means everything! It defines greatness, builds character, makes history, and brings the world to its feet.
As a valuable member of the Fan Engagement team, you will be responsible for delivering championship customer service and creating positive lasting impressions for all fans at Scotiabank Arena, BMO Field and Coca-Cola Coliseum.
- Warmly greet fans as they arrive, promote a friendly and positive atmosphere.
- Engage and entertain fans prior to gates opening in Marlies Alley (Coca-Cola Coliseum).
- Handle crowd control outside the venue, including the organization of lines and flow of traffic to alternative gates.
- Assist fans with mobile ticketing inquiries.
- Create proactive touch points by actively engaging with all fans.
- Facilitate in seat visits to celebrate special occasions for fans.
- Act as a mobile information liaison for fans.
- Solve, record and report issues and incidents.
- Solicit feedback from fans in order to continually improve the game day experience for all.
- Communicate positively and professionally with fans and MLSE staff.
- Adhere to all MLSE service standards and policies.
- Work in compliance with the provisions of the Occupational Health & Safety Act.
- Help achieve MLSE’s common purpose and Ticketing department goals.
- Other responsibilities as required.
- Positive and enthusiastic team player
- Self-motivated and energetic demeanor with the ability to move around the venue safely and swiftly
- Illustrate the dedication and passion to provide unimaginable fan experiences
- A genuine desire to listen to and resolve all fan inquiries
- An ability to use creative problem-solving skills and confidence without being prompted
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Must be available to work evenings (start at 4:30PM), weekends and holidays as required
- Bilingualism an asset (Not mandatory)
- Familiarity with the City of Toronto and tourist attractions an asset
- A winning attitude
Apply by August 3, 2021
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. Maple Leaf Sports & Entertainment Partnership will provide reasonable accommodation for qualified individuals with disabilities in the job application process. If you have difficulty using our online application system and you need an accommodation due to a disability, please email [email protected] Please note this email is only for accommodation requests. Resumes sent to this email address will not be considered.