IT Support Technician
- 50 Bay St., Toronto, ON M5J 3A5, Canada
Maple Leaf Sports & Entertainment (MLSE) one of the world's premier sports and entertainment companies, owns the Toronto Maple Leafs (NHL), Toronto Raptors (NBA), Toronto FC (MLS), Toronto Argonauts (CFL), Toronto Marlies (AHL), Raptors 905 (NBA D-League), TFC II (USL) and Raptors Uprising Gaming Club, the Toronto Raptors Esports franchise in the NBA 2K League. Its charitable arm, MLSE Foundation, focuses on funding initiatives to support youth through sport and recreational programs. In 2017 MLSE Foundation, with support of community and corporate partners, built MLSE LaunchPad, a 42,000-sq. ft. space dedicated to programming that support its four Pillars: Healthy Body, Healthy Mind, Ready For School and Ready For Work.
MLSE also owns and operates Scotiabank Arena, Canada’s premier sports & entertainment venue hosting more than 200 events each year, as well as two digital channels (Leafs Nation Network and NBA TV Canada), and has a partnership with Live Nation (the biggest concert promoter in the world). MLSE has also invested in and operates five of Toronto's sports facilities – Coca-Cola Coliseum, BMO Field, BMO Training Grounds at Downsview Park, home of Toronto FC's Academy and the First Team's practice facility, the Toronto Raptors’ training facility and the Ford Performance Centre, the practice facility for the Maple Leafs and Marlies.
MLSE’s common purpose is to unite and empower employees to deliver extraordinary moments to our fans and each other.
Who We Are
We celebrate the diversity, individuality, and personality of our peers, striving to be the best in class, in every class. We believe in Respect, Resilience, Commitment, and Ambition. We work for, with, and around the people that inspire us to try, persist, and achieve more.
Our work goes beyond games, seasons, trophies, and tours. Our success is measured by more than a scoreboard. Our team is stronger when we stand united. We create, we celebrate, we build, and we become better!
What we choose to do next, means everything! It defines greatness, builds character, makes history, and brings the world to its feet.
As a vital member of our service support team, you will ensure that all parties, clients and technicians, are supplied with ample information to ensure exceptional customer service. You will liaise between the IT Department and its clients by performing a variety of IT technical support, customer service and record keeping tasks. Your dedication, passion and commitment to teamwork will contribute to inspiring others, while fostering our culture of accountability & customer service. Specifically, the Support Technician role is responsible for managing IT incidents reported by internal clients, providing initial support (including investigation and diagnosis of the issue), recording the incident, restoration of service where possible and the assignment of incidents to Level 3 support teams as required.
- Field incoming support requests from end users via telephone, e-mail & walk-ups in a courteous manner & log these in the Incident Management System.
- Resolution of at least 85% of all incidents on first contact
- Understand Service Level Agreements (SLAs), associated with user community and the impact of support issues to help determine the prioritization in relation to the other existing workload.
- Effectively resolve problems or contribute to the escalation direction of the ticket to the appropriate response group based on general knowledge of PC's, operating systems (Windows, Mac OS), and various user programs.
- MAC OS, iOS and Android troubleshooting knowledge
- Maintain effective lines of communication with higher support groups and administrators, working with these groups to ensure unresolved problems are handled in an expedient manner, identify problem trends, and root causes eliminated.
- Demonstrate multi-tasking and follow-up skills
- Ability to recognize trends and patterns and escalate to Level 3 support.
- Maintain and monitor Service Desk Mailbox and IT Incident Management systems; ensuring that all service requests are comprehensive and complete.
- Prepare and maintain operational documentation including: Incident Management, Security Administration, Asset and Request Management. Contribute technical content and departmental procedures to the Service Desk Knowledge Base. Evaluate documented resolutions and analyze trends for ways to prevent future problems
- Rotating on-call coverage.
- Minimum 3 years of technical working experience with a very strong background in Windows 7 and 10,and Office 365.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Active Directory and GPO
- Microsoft Certified Solutions Associates (MCSA) and/or Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer (MCSE) and have a post-secondary Information Technology diploma or Computer Science Degree would be a definite asset.
- Basic knowledge of network devices (routers, firewalls, switches) and troubleshooting.
- Knowledge of Cisco Unified Communications Manager an asset.
- Knowledge of Information Technology Infrastructure Library (ITIL) best practices an asset.
- Advance expertise and solid working knowledge of PC hardware - the ability to setup, configure and rebuild workstations & printer setup/configuration.
- Prior experience setting up and troubleshooting MAC OS & devices (including but not limited to MacBooks iPhones & iPads)
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills; ability to present ideas in user-friendly language; proven ability to listen, understand and communicate effectively; keen attention to detail; proven analytical and problem-solving abilities; active self-starter with a proven ability to take initiative and be proactive.
- Exceptional organizational skills with the ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a dynamic and fast paced environment.
- Availability to work evenings, weekends and holidays as required.
- Prior experience working with JAMF considered and asset.
Apply by August 3, 2021
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. Maple Leaf Sports & Entertainment Partnership will provide reasonable accommodation for qualified individuals with disabilities in the job application process. If you have difficulty using our online application system and you need an accommodation due to a disability, please email [email protected] Please note this email is only for accommodation requests. Resumes sent to this email address will not be considered.