Digital Platform Coordinator (Freelance)
- 50 Bay St., Toronto, ON M5J 3A5, Canada
Maple Leaf Sports & Entertainment (MLSE) one of the world's premier sports and entertainment companies, owns the Toronto Maple Leafs (NHL), Toronto Raptors (NBA), Toronto FC (MLS), Toronto Argonauts (CFL), Toronto Marlies (AHL), Raptors 905 (NBA D-League), TFC II (USL) and Raptors Uprising Gaming Club, the Toronto Raptors Esports franchise in the NBA 2K League. Its charitable arm, MLSE Foundation, focuses on funding initiatives to support youth through sport and recreational programs. In 2017 MLSE Foundation, with support of community and corporate partners, built MLSE LaunchPad, a 42,000-sq. ft. space dedicated to programming that support its four Pillars: Healthy Body, Healthy Mind, Ready For School and Ready For Work.
MLSE also owns and operates Scotiabank Arena, Canada’s premier sports & entertainment venue hosting more than 200 events each year, as well as two digital channels (Leafs Nation Network and NBA TV Canada), and has a partnership with Live Nation (the biggest concert promoter in the world). MLSE has also invested in and operates five of Toronto's sports facilities – Coca-Cola Coliseum, BMO Field, BMO Training Grounds at Downsview Park, home of Toronto FC's Academy and the First Team's practice facility, the Toronto Raptors’ training facility and the Ford Performance Centre, the practice facility for the Maple Leafs and Marlies.
MLSE’s common purpose is to unite and empower employees to deliver extraordinary moments to our fans and each other.
Who We Are
We celebrate the diversity, individuality, and personality of our peers, striving to be the best in class, in every class. We believe in Respect, Resilience, Commitment, and Ambition. We work for, with, and around the people that inspire us to try, persist, and achieve more.
Our work goes beyond games, seasons, trophies, and tours. Our success is measured by more than a scoreboard. Our team is stronger when we stand united. We create, we celebrate, we build, and we become better!
What we choose to do next, means everything! It defines greatness, builds character, makes history, and brings the world to its feet.
As a Digital Platform Coordinator, you’ll assist the Digital Labs team in bringing our digital fan experiences to life in our mobile apps and websites. You’ll work with Product, Marketing, Global Partnerships, and Professional Leagues on bringing great content, contests and partner offers to engage our fans and deliver the best user experience.
- Use design tools, CMS Systems and multimedia solutions to generate impactful digital content
- Create supporting graphic designs and communications utilizing toolkits provided
- Create, edit and produce digital and multimedia branded content and storytelling assets to support company and team websites
- Actively participate in creative development and collaborate effectively with creative teams to ensure that integrated campaigns are successful in the digital space
- Connect with different internal departments to collect requirements, content, receiving deliverables, information or approvals
- Manage quality assurance and support cross functional teams to execute WCAG 2.1 AA compliance
- Work with clients to drive SEO in content creation and strategy
- Support business insights through the use of analytic tools and products
- Perform other administrative duties as required
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills; shown ability to listen, understand and communicate effectively
- Creative skills including experience with Adobe Photoshop/Illustrator, WordPress, Webflow, web design or related creative software considered an asset
- HTML and CSS coding experience
- Sound understanding of the sports industry and the sports landscape is an asset
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills; strong editing and proofreading abilities
- Must be able to work independently with a high degree of accuracy and attention to detail
- Ability to coordinate multiple projects and meet deadlines in a fast paced environment
- Flexibility to work evenings and weekends as required
Apply by July 30, 2021
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. Maple Leaf Sports & Entertainment Partnership will provide reasonable accommodation for qualified individuals with disabilities in the job application process. If you have difficulty using our online application system and you need an accommodation due to a disability, please email [email protected] Please note this email is only for accommodation requests. Resumes sent to this email address will not be considered.