Coordinator, Marketing - Food & Beverage (Freelance Contract)
- 50 Bay St., Toronto, ON M5J 3A5, Canada
Maple Leaf Sports & Entertainment (MLSE) one of the world's premier sports and entertainment companies, owns the Toronto Maple Leafs (NHL), Toronto Raptors (NBA), Toronto FC (MLS), Toronto Argonauts (CFL), Toronto Marlies (AHL), Raptors 905 (NBA D-League), TFC II (USL) and Raptors Uprising Gaming Club, the Toronto Raptors Esports franchise in the NBA 2K League. Its charitable arm, MLSE Foundation, focuses on funding initiatives to support youth through sport and recreational programs. In 2017 MLSE Foundation, with support of community and corporate partners, built MLSE LaunchPad, a 42,000-sq. ft. space dedicated to programming that support its four Pillars: Healthy Body, Healthy Mind, Ready For School and Ready For Work.
MLSE also owns and operates Scotiabank Arena, Canada’s premier sports & entertainment venue hosting more than 200 events each year, as well as two digital channels (Leafs Nation Network and NBA TV Canada), and has a partnership with Live Nation (the biggest concert promoter in the world). MLSE has also invested in and operates five of Toronto's sports facilities – Coca-Cola Coliseum, BMO Field, BMO Training Grounds at Downsview Park, home of Toronto FC's Academy and the First Team's practice facility, the Toronto Raptors’ training facility and the Ford Performance Centre, the practice facility for the Maple Leafs and Marlies.
MLSE’s common purpose is to unite and empower employees to deliver extraordinary moments to our fans and each other.
Who We Are
We celebrate the diversity, individuality, and personality of our peers, striving to be the best in class, in every class. We believe in Respect, Resilience, Commitment, and Ambition. We work for, with, and around the people that inspire us to try, persist, and achieve more.
Our work goes beyond games, seasons, trophies, and tours. Our success is measured by more than a scoreboard. Our team is stronger when we stand united. We create, we celebrate, we build, and we become better!
What we choose to do next, means everything! It defines greatness, builds character, makes history, and brings the world to its feet.
We are looking for a marketer that is knowledgeable and passionate about the Food and Beverage industry to join our venue marketing team. Food & Beverage is synonymous with before, during and after sporting events and concerts. This position will work closely with restaurant operations and the greater marketing team to maximize our F&B revenue not only on event days but on dark days as well.
The portfolio includes RS (Real Sports), e11even, Quick Service kiosks with Scotiabank Arena, BMO Field & Coca-Cola Coliseum, MLSE Catering, Premium Clubs within our venues and more.
This creative thinker is also very organized and able to work independently and within a small team to drive new ideas and innovations within our restaurants but also have a close eye on the market and what trends are competition is taking advantage of.
This role will include creative ideation, execution, social media management, manage photoshoots and create marketing assets as well as build and execute marketing plans from scratch. Although there is support from a larger team, this role works within a very small team and must be nimble and willing to adapt on the fly.
- Build and execute marketing plans & campaigns for:
- RS (Real Sports)
- Quick Service kiosks within Arena
- Premium Clubs (ScotiaClub, Air Canada Signature Club, etc.)
- MLSE Catering
- Support restaurant operations team with evolving business priorities
- Maintain brand guidelines and ensure alignment with brand standards.
- Drafting creative briefs to thoughtfully communicate all necessary project information to internal and external resources (designers, digital, art directors and copywriters).
- Actively participate in regular status meetings to ensure projects and teams are on track with ability to identify risks, issues, or conflicts are collaboratively managed
- Work closely with the Senior Leadership team to come up with new ways to generate revenue for the business (e.g. promotions, menu items, new products) and execute the go-to-market strategy for these initiatives.
- Analyzes and identifies underperforming ad campaigns and recommends changes
- Lead all food photo shoots & Create and circulate mood boards and photoshoot briefs.
- Propose and activate promotions and contests to keep fans engaged.
- Work closely with the venue marketing and social team to cross-promote Scotiabank Arena Clubs and Quick Service locations on their channels; provide content and activations to drive traffic and keep fans engaged.
- Participate in and encourage positive conversations and brand interactions daily; offer support and prompt answers to all social inquiries received; escalate when needed.
- Collaborate with PR to facilitate talent / influencer outreach and relationship-building.
- Brief and coordinate paid social campaigns with agency partners.
- Work with CRM partners to set up and distribute emails.
- Work with BI to monitor social & CRM performance; Compile and present monthly reports; Achieve annual follower/subscriber growth & engagement objectives.
- Oversee menu launches working with analytics and culinary/beverage departments
- Create and maintain a marketing calendar for the fiscal year
The qualifications listed below represent the credentials necessary to perform the essential functions of this position. To be successful in this position, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience
- Post Secondary degree (Marketing degree is preferred);
- At least 1-2 years experience in Food & Beverage/Restaurant/Hospitality marketing.
- Strong interest in and knowledge of Food & Beverage industry.
- Has a base understanding of advertising, digital, social, and media industry trends/developments and uses this knowledge to present business-building ideas for the client and the agency
- Social media platform proficient (Facebook Business Manager, Twitter, Creator Studio, Social Bakers).
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills; proven ability to listen and communicate effectively.
- A people person, with a demonstrated ability to build and develop professional relationships; able to work with multiple levels of management, prioritizing and adapting personality to fit the needs of (your) audience
- You’re a creator. Regardless of the medium - word, visual, photo, video, anything - you’re born to make things and make them great.
- Developed instincts - you know what’s quality and can articulate what makes it sing
- Organizational skills are a must. We have a lot of content on the fly at any given moment in time and you’ll need to maintain visibility on it.
- Clear creative direction. It’s not always easy to be concise, direct, and helpful to bring your vision to life, but you’ve been there before and know how to be efficient
- Must be self-directed and able to work independently, while also flourishing in a fast-paced collaborative team environment.
- Exceptional organizational skills, capable of efficiently managing time to properly plan and always deliver on time within a deadline-driven environment.
- Analytical skills and experience monitoring social performance.
- 2+ years of experience handling photoshoots, graphic design and/or content production.
- Alert and receptive to shifting demands within a fast-paced, changing environment.
- Impeccable professionalism and interpersonal skills (verbal and written).
- Ability to thrive within in a team environment, with high levels of collaboration.
- Evening and weekend work required due to the nature of the projects.
Apply by July 26, 2021
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. Maple Leaf Sports & Entertainment Partnership will provide reasonable accommodation for qualified individuals with disabilities in the job application process. If you have difficulty using our online application system and you need an accommodation due to a disability, please email [email protected] Please note this email is only for accommodation requests. Resumes sent to this email address will not be considered.