Analyst, Global Partnerships
- 50 Bay St, Toronto, ON M5J 3A5, Canada
Maple Leaf Sports & Entertainment (MLSE) one of the world's premier sports and entertainment companies, owns the Toronto Maple Leafs (NHL), Toronto Raptors (NBA), Toronto FC (MLS), Toronto Argonauts (CFL), Toronto Marlies (AHL), Raptors 905 (NBA D-League), TFC II (USL) and Raptors Uprising Gaming Club, the Toronto Raptors Esports franchise in the NBA 2K League. Its charitable arm, MLSE Foundation, focuses on funding initiatives to support youth through sport and recreational programs. In 2017 MLSE Foundation, with support of community and corporate partners, built MLSE LaunchPad, a 42,000-sq. ft. space dedicated to programming that support its four Pillars: Healthy Body, Healthy Mind, Ready For School and Ready For Work.
MLSE also owns and operates Scotiabank Arena, Canada’s premier sports & entertainment venue hosting more than 200 events each year, as well as two digital channels (Leafs Nation Network and NBA TV Canada), and has a partnership with Live Nation (the biggest concert promoter in the world). MLSE has also invested in and operates five of Toronto's sports facilities – Coca-Cola Coliseum, BMO Field, BMO Training Grounds at Downsview Park, home of Toronto FC's Academy and the First Team's practice facility, the Toronto Raptors’ training facility and the Ford Performance Centre, the practice facility for the Maple Leafs and Marlies.
MLSE’s common purpose is to unite and empower employees to deliver extraordinary moments to our fans and each other.
GLOBAL PARTNERSHIPS – WHO WE ARE
We are the voice of cheering and of changing. We are the heart, soul, and hustle of hard work. We are the fans, we are the families, we are Global Partnerships.
We work together, we learn together, we rise together. Our successes and our failures have equally set the foundation for every deck, decision, pitch, and partner we make moving forward.
Our teams, our fans, and our stories create award winning, internationally recognized, best in class partnerships that set, raise, and exceed expectation. We aim to be recognized as leaders through our people, properties, and partners.
We celebrate the diversity, individuality, and personality of our peers, striving to be the best in class, in every class. We believe in Respect, Resilience, Commitment, and Ambition. We work for, with, and around the people that inspire us to try, persist, and achieve more.
Our work transcends games, seasons, trophies, and tours. Our success is measured by more than a scoreboard. Our team is stronger when we stand united. We create, we celebrate, we build, and we become better.
What we choose to do next, means everything. It defines greatness, builds character, makes history, and brings the world to its feet.
So, are you in?
WE WANT TO HEAR FROM YOU IF:
You have a passion for all things sports and culture
- You have 2+ years of demonstrated success in a marketing analytics, strategy and/ or consulting role with ability to play a key role in understanding and interpreting our business challenges and goals, and collaborating with internal teams to develop key insights that will lead to revenue growth
- You are inclusive and empathetic; you seek to understand how others view and experience the world
- You are a high performing individual and leader who brings positive and uplifting energy to work every day
- You build and maintain excellent relationships with everyone you work with
- You welcome and provide constructive feedback; you love to learn and ask questions, and you can step out of your comfort zone
- You have excellent communication skills, presentation skills and confidence in leading conversations
- You are responsible, accountable and solutions-focused; you deliver on promises and take initiative
- You are honest and direct, and you tell the truth; you believe that good enough just isn’t
- Truly happy clients drive you to succeed - you are client centric to the core!
- You can think ‘big picture’ in both strategy and execution
MLSE is looking for an inquisitive, detail-oriented and strategic thinker with a passion for sports and culture to join the Global Partnerships team. Reporting to the Director, Global Partnerships, this role will focus on understanding the details of a complex and mature business that spans across all MLSE properties and incorporates all assets/opportunities the company has to offer. Our group creates unique and customized offerings for each of our partners, no two programs are alike. Our goal is to maximize every opportunity and ensure that we have an equal focus on today and the future. The ideal candidate will be an analytical, energetic and organized thought leader driven to continue to learn more about our business and finding ways to maximize opportunity and efficiency. We pride ourselves on our focusing on our philosophy of “What’s Next” which means we are never satisfied with how good we are today, because there is always so much more that we can achieve together. If you are truly interested in creating impact through marketing in sports – we want to hear from you.
- Business planning and strategic analysis of the MLSE Global Partnerships portfolio
- Develop a deep and thorough understanding of our business and the competitive environment to continually deliver against growth projections and the respective objectives of MLSE’s various business units
- Contribute to the development and execution of department business planning, leaning on current and historical trends to forecast financial results for future years
- Be accountable for department reporting needs to a variety of stakeholders (across the department, other MLSE business units, executive leadership team and MLSE Board of Directors)
- Ongoing support in maximizing efficiency of department processes and the potential implement new tools to support (i.e. Salesforce, Microsoft Office 365, LinkedIn)
- Collaborate with a cross-functional team at MLSE throughout all stages of the business life cycle – planning, execution, analysis, learning/evolving for the future – to ensure we continue to be positioned for growth year over year
- Working with our leagues (NHL, NBA, MLS, CFL) on league-wide revenue reporting and a variety of information sharing exercises throughout the seasons
WHAT IT TAKES
- A post-secondary degree in Business Administration within related fields (Marketing, Commerce, Economics, Finance)
- 2+ years of related and meaningful experience in consulting, analytics, strategic planning/corporate development or marketing
- Proven experience in leading sophisticated projects with the ability to work in an environment with fluid structure and operations
- High-level expertise in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, PowerPoint, Excel) is essential
- Experience using the Salesforce platform
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills, with the ability to clearly present recommendations
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, comfortable with public speaking
- Ability to build and maintain professional relationships both internally and externally
- Ability to multi-task and manage evolving priorities
- Shown to perform well under pressure
- Available to work evenings and weekends as required / when applicable
- A positive, winning approach, incorporating integrity, confidentially and discretion
Apply by: June 16, 2021
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. Maple Leaf Sports & Entertainment Partnership will provide reasonable accommodation for qualified individuals with disabilities in the job application process. If you have difficulty using our online application system and you need an accommodation due to a disability, please email [email protected] Please note this email is only for accommodation requests. Resumes sent to this email address will not be considered.