Video Production Specialist (1-year freelance contract)
- 50 Bay St, Toronto, ON M5J 2X8, Canada
Maple Leaf Sports & Entertainment (MLSE) one of the world's premier sports and entertainment companies, owns the Toronto Maple Leafs (NHL), Toronto Raptors (NBA), Toronto FC (MLS), Toronto Argonauts (CFL), Toronto Marlies (AHL), Raptors 905 (NBA D-League), TFC II (USL) and Raptors Uprising Gaming Club, the Toronto Raptors Esports franchise in the NBA 2K League. Its charitable arm, MLSE Foundation, focuses on funding initiatives to support youth through sport and recreational programs. In 2017 MLSE Foundation, with support of community and corporate partners, built MLSE LaunchPad, a 42,000-sq. ft. space dedicated to programming that support its four Pillars: Healthy Body, Healthy Mind, Ready For School and Ready For Work.
MLSE also owns and operates Scotiabank Arena, Canada’s premier sports & entertainment venue hosting more than 200 events each year, as well as two digital channels (Leafs Nation Network and NBA TV Canada), and has a partnership with Live Nation (the biggest concert promoter in the world). MLSE has also invested in and operates five of Toronto's sports facilities – Coca-Cola Coliseum, BMO Field, BMO Training Grounds at Downsview Park, home of Toronto FC's Academy and the First Team's practice facility, the Toronto Raptors’ training facility and the Ford Performance Centre for Hockey Excellence, the practice facility for the Maple Leafs and Marlies.
MLSE’s common purpose is to unite and empower employees to deliver extraordinary moments to our fans and each other.
Who We Are
We celebrate the diversity, individuality, and personality of our peers, striving to be the best in class, in every class. We believe in Respect, Resilience, Commitment, and Ambition. We work for, with, and around the people that inspire us to try, persist, and achieve more.
Our work goes beyond games, seasons, trophies, and tours. Our success is measured by more than a scoreboard. Our team is stronger when we stand united. We create, we celebrate, we build, and we become better!
What we choose to do next, means everything! It defines greatness, builds character, makes history, and brings the world to its feet.
So, Are You In?
In this role, you are an integral in keeping productions flowing smoothly and effectively, coordinating multiple projects, and meeting deadlines in a fast-paced environment. You will provide administrative support to the Video Production Lead, look after booking and scheduling technical crews for broadcast and commercial productions, order equipment, book travel, and process invoices.
To be successful in this role, you need to be highly organized and detail oriented. You pride yourself in accomplishing tasks quickly and efficiently. You are agile and can adapt to time-sensitive requests on the fly. You are a creative self-starter with an ongoing awareness and responsiveness to client satisfaction with the ability.
- Provide general & administrative support to the Video Production Lead and the wider production / broadcast team.
- Order equipment (i.e., PPE, hard drives, props, food for production shoots).
- Schedule courier services when required.
- Prepare & Renew Carnet documents for any travelling production/broadcast equipment.
- Book commercial travel (flights/hotel accommodations/car rentals) for Leafs/Raptors/TFC
- Digital/Broadcast crew.
- Schedule and book technical crew.
- Code and process financial invoices.
- Prepare and circulate meal/COVID lists for the production teams on game nights.
- Experience in video production, specifically in areas of production/office support (broadcast, television, sports experience) is an asset
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills; proven ability to listen, understand and communicate effectively
- Confident in gathering feedback and communicating solutions
- Ability to coordinate multiple projects and meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment
- A creative self-starter with an ongoing awareness and responsiveness to client satisfaction
- Excellent presentation, organizational and time management skills
- Demonstrated ability to build and develop professional relationships
- Passionate, committed, outgoing, enthusiastic, reliable and works well within a team environment
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office software and systems
- Flexibility to work evenings and weekends as required
- Ability to assess scope of work and troubleshoot quickly, and take hands on action as needed
- Adaptability: MLSE is a constantly growing and changing environment, and while processes are required, a fluid approach and willingness to change according to corporate priorities and transitions is essential.
Please note this is a 1-year freelance contract starting on July 12th.
Please apply by: May 26.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. Maple Leaf Sports & Entertainment Partnership will provide reasonable accommodation for qualified individuals with disabilities in the job application process. If you have difficulty using our online application system and you need an accommodation due to a disability, please email [email protected] Please note this email is only for accommodation requests. Resumes sent to this email address will not be considered.