- 50 Bay St, Toronto, ON M5J 2X8, Canada
Maple Leaf Sports & Entertainment (MLSE) one of the world's premier sports and entertainment companies, owns the Toronto Maple Leafs (NHL), Toronto Raptors (NBA), Toronto FC (MLS), Toronto Argonauts (CFL), Toronto Marlies (AHL), Raptors 905 (NBA D-League), TFC II (USL) and Raptors Uprising Gaming Club, the Toronto Raptors esports franchise in the NBA 2K League. Its charitable arm, MLSE Foundation, focuses on funding initiatives to support youth through sport and recreational programs. In 2017 MLSE Foundation, with support of community and corporate partners, built MLSE LaunchPad, a 42,000-sq. ft. space dedicated to programming that support its four Pillars: Healthy Body, Healthy Mind, Ready For School and Ready For Work.
MLSE also owns and operates Scotiabank Arena, Canada’s premier sports & entertainment venue hosting more than 200 events each year, as well as two digital channels (Leafs Nation Network and NBA TV Canada), and has a partnership with Live Nation (the biggest concert promoter in the world). MLSE has also invested in and operates five of Toronto's sports facilities – Coca-Cola Coliseum, BMO Field, BMO Training Grounds at Downsview Park, home of Toronto FC's Academy and the First Team's practice facility, the Toronto Raptors’ training facility and the Ford Performance Centre, the practice facility for the Maple Leafs and Marlies.
MLSE’s common purpose is to unite and empower employees to deliver extraordinary moments to our fans and each other.
At Maple Leaf Sports & Entertainment (MLSE), campaigns are integral to our core business, and becoming more and more essential and meaningful over time. Our brands today are focusing on providing customer value back to our fans, and campaigns play a big part of keeping our fans informed, engaged, and rewarded. A “campaign” can take many shapes at MLSE, but we index heavily on email campaigns. Throughout any given year, MLSE may send hundreds of emails to our subscribers. We accomplish all of this working hand-in-hand with our agency partner, but even with their help, there’s a lot to balance to keep this operation running efficiently and improving. That’s where you come in.
You will report to our Manager, Campaigns Strategy, and your role is primarily focused on the management, coordination, and operations of our Campaigns business. Our team serves as the pipeline of work to our agency partner, and we are accountable for campaign quality, success and ROI. In order to achieve these results, you will need to juggle a wide range of needs and requests from a complex business while simultaneously guiding stakeholders towards better email practices.
- Establish and balance workable processes that help us handle a heavy intake workload of campaigns across our many brands and stakeholders.
- Build positive relationships with all the good folks across our organization in order to better collaborate and understand our business needs.
- Track and traffic critical campaign documentation - segmentation lists, monthly costs & expenditures, revenue and ROI, and better asset development.
- Analyze email performance reports from Salesforce and identify opportunities to optimize email results
- Review and revise campaign briefs, copy, assets, and standards to ensure they align with our brand guidelines and email content best practices.
- Be the business’ day-to-day contact to discuss email campaign projects and assist in getting things off the ground.
- Learn and evangelize the necessary components of CASL, PIPEDA, and anti-spam legislature as it evolves so all our practices remain compliant and effective.
- Operational efficiency and organization
- Campaign success and ROI
- Email agency success and transparency
- Email best practices and coordination
- Creativity: you have to be creative to speak creative; you don’t need to be a designer, but you bring creativity to your work nonetheless.
- Understand how to use a CRM platform to scale efforts across all digital channels (ex. Paid social, app, SMS).
- Experience in email marketing, CRM, loyalty marketing or project management (or, even better, some combination of these).
- Strong analytical skills and data-driven thinking
- Some might say you’re particular, but you prefer to think of yourself as “extremely well-organized”.
- You are a process junkie. You know that the right way of working makes things easier, not harder.
- Digital is where you are most comfortable.
- You get your hands dirty with your work.
- Microsoft Word, Excel, Powerpoint - the usual stuff.
- Salesforce Marketing Cloud or CRM experience a strongly preferred asset.
- Airtable, Trello experience an added bonus.
- Able to work flexible hours when requested
Apply by: May 10, 2020
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Maple Leaf Sports & Entertainment Partnership will provide reasonable accommodation for qualified individuals with disabilities in the job application process. If you have difficulty using our online application system and you need an accommodation due to a disability, please email [email protected] Please note this email is only for accommodation requests. Resumes sent to this email address will not be considered.