- 50 Bay St, Toronto, ON M5J 2X8, Canada
Maple Leaf Sports & Entertainment (MLSE) one of the world's premier sports and entertainment companies, owns the Toronto Maple Leafs (NHL), Toronto Raptors (NBA), Toronto FC (MLS), Toronto Argonauts (CFL), Toronto Marlies (AHL), Raptors 905 (NBA D-League), TFC II (USL) and Raptors Uprising Gaming Club, the Toronto Raptors esports franchise in the NBA 2K League. Its charitable arm, MLSE Foundation, focuses on funding initiatives to support youth through sport and recreational programs. In 2017 MLSE Foundation, with support of community and corporate partners, built MLSE LaunchPad, a 42,000-sq. ft. space dedicated to programming that support its four Pillars: Healthy Body, Healthy Mind, Ready For School and Ready For Work.
MLSE also owns and operates Scotiabank Arena, Canada’s premier sports & entertainment venue hosting more than 200 events each year, as well as two digital channels (Leafs Nation Network and NBA TV Canada), and has a partnership with Live Nation (the biggest concert promoter in the world). MLSE has also invested in and operates five of Toronto's sports facilities – Coca-Cola Coliseum, BMO Field, BMO Training Grounds at Downsview Park, home of Toronto FC's Academy and the First Team's practice facility, the Toronto Raptors’ training facility and the Ford Performance Centre, the practice facility for the Maple Leafs and Marlies.
MLSE’s common purpose is to unite and empower employees to deliver extraordinary moments to our fans and each other.
We are looking for a driven Project Manager to join our Strategy & Analytics team. As a member of our team, you will act as a support for our internal business units, partnering with business leaders to deliver initiatives throughout all areas of our business.
A primary focus for the role will be overseeing projects within our Human Resources team. Whether scoping projects, leading timelines and budgets, engaging partners across the enterprise or keeping a pulse on developments in the industry, each week provides opportunities to help craft the future of sports and entertainment.
We are searching for a leader with experience driving projects in a dynamic environment with tight timelines and changing business needs. Understanding and solving sophisticated business problems comes naturally to you, and you can communicate project progress to a variety of business partners with ease. Your attention to detail is outstanding, you have a high degree of financial acumen and you are passionate about the sports & entertainment industry.
- You will lead projects varying in size – from ad hoc initiatives through to large-scale digital transformation projects
- Playing a key role in understanding and interpreting our business partners challenges and goals, and collaborating with internal teams to deliver innovative solutions both on time and on budget
- Structuring presentations, documentation and project updates with meaningful recommendations
- Presenting project updates to leadership audiences
- Supporting the development and evaluation of strategic business cases
Qualifications you possess:
- A "we" first, positive and people-focused demeanor
- A Graduate of a post-secondary degree in Business Administration, Commerce, Economics, Finance, Engineering or other relevant areas
- 2 or more years of demonstrable experience in Consulting, Digital, Technology and/or Strategic Planning/Corporate Development
- Established experience in leading sophisticated projects with the ability to work in an environment with fluid structure and operations
- Strong project management skills
- Intimate knowledge of MS Office Suite, particularly in PowerPoint
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills, with the ability to clearly present recommendations
- Superb interpersonal skills with demonstrable ability to build relationships with key partners at all levels
- Professional services experience highly sought after in this role!
- Workday HRIS and Workplace systems experience is considered an asset
Apply by: May 7, 2020
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Maple Leaf Sports & Entertainment Partnership will provide reasonable accommodation for qualified individuals with disabilities in the job application process. If you have difficulty using our online application system and you need an accommodation due to a disability, please email [email protected] Please note this email is only for accommodation requests. Resumes sent to this email address will not be considered.