Manager, Digital Content Strategy
- 50 Bay St, Toronto, ON M5J 2X8, Canada
Maple Leaf Sports & Entertainment (MLSE) one of the world's premier sports and entertainment companies, owns the Toronto Maple Leafs (NHL), Toronto Raptors (NBA), Toronto FC (MLS), Toronto Argonauts (CFL), Toronto Marlies (AHL), Raptors 905 (NBA D-League), TFC II (USL) and Raptors Uprising Gaming Club, the Toronto Raptors esports franchise in the NBA 2K League. Its charitable arm, MLSE Foundation, focuses on funding initiatives to support youth through sport and recreational programs. In 2017 MLSE Foundation, with support of community and corporate partners, built MLSE LaunchPad, a 42,000-sq. ft. space dedicated to programming that support its four Pillars: Healthy Body, Healthy Mind, Ready For School and Ready For Work.
MLSE also owns and operates Scotiabank Arena, Canada’s premier sports & entertainment venue hosting more than 200 events each year, as well as two digital channels (Leafs Nation Network and NBA TV Canada), and has a partnership with Live Nation (the biggest concert promoter in the world). MLSE has also invested in and operates five of Toronto's sports facilities – Coca-Cola Coliseum, BMO Field, BMO Training Grounds at Downsview Park, home of Toronto FC's Academy and the First Team's practice facility, the Toronto Raptors’ training facility and the Ford Performance Centre, the practice facility for the Maple Leafs and Marlies.
MLSE’s common purpose is to unite and empower employees to deliver extraordinary moments to our fans and each other.
In many ways, the teams at Maple Leaf Sports & Entertainment [MLSE] are brought to life by its fan-facing content. What we read, watch, listen to beyond the game on TV are all vital pieces of how fans experience the teams they love. MLSE is as much a media and content house as it is a partnership of sports organizations and enterprises.
Never before has the strategy behind our digital content (social, app, web) been more critical. Our teams speak to millions every day, but unless that content is delivered with purpose, optimized for each channel, and measurably successful, we will miss the opportunity to grow our fan base and move the needle on the most important functions of our business.
The old way is finding the right channel for the content. The new way is finding the right content for the channel. That’s where you come in.
The Manager, Digital Content Strategy reports directly to the Director, Digital Experience and is passionate about building, delivering, and optimizing our holistic digital content strategy. The right candidate lives and breathes the digital ecosystem, delivering analysis, performance, and insights.
While you may not be a content designer yourself, you can provide clear and helpful direction that enables your creative team to do what they do best. Content strategy, channel strategy, analytics - you’re proficient in all of it. You'll partner with the other members of the Digital Content team to bring our work to the next level.
- Build, operationalize, and optimize the team’s digital content strategy on social, web, and app
- Obsess over the numbers - understand what content performs, what doesn’t, and what delivers value back to the business
- Deliver actionable insights to the team that help us get better, more efficient, more relevant, and grow
- Develop relationships with key partners at MLSE who need your help and from whom you need theirs
- Partner with our studio, so they understand what we’re trying to accomplish and can collaborate on how we get there
- Prioritize, plan, and keep our digital content team on track for timely briefings, deliveries, and updates
- Keep inspired and up-to-date on best practices, new practices, and innovative ideas, both within sports and without
- Content Performance
- Content Efficiency
- Effective Planning
- Identifying Insights, Opportunities, & Gaps
- Content Process Definition
- Creativity. You're not a designer, but you bring creativity to your work nonetheless
- A background in building social content strategies makes you an important part of our team
- This isn’t your first rodeo - you’ve conducted a gap analysis before
- You can find your way around a CMS, backend, or analytics platform without too much trouble
- You like to get into the details, even rolling up your sleeves and diving into the work
- You don’t need to be a writer to know how to write – and you know how to write
- Strong leadership and project management skills
- Your slides? Now THOSE are some nice slides!
- Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint - the usual stuff
- You have been developing digital content strategies and/or content marketing strategies for 5 years or more
- You understand content analytics and use them to inform further digital planning
- University degree in a relevant field or in a tangential field – many phenomenal thinkers study other things, so tell us how your background contributes to your success
- Solid understanding of other marketing/communication subject areas, including content marketing, public relations, campaign-based marketing, and demand-gen.
While a love for our teams is certainly a bonus, applicants will be evaluated primarily on their working skills and less on their fan credibility.
Apply by: April 9, 2020
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Maple Leaf Sports & Entertainment Partnership will provide reasonable accommodation for qualified individuals with disabilities in the job application process. If you have difficulty using our online application system and you need an accommodation due to a disability, please email [email protected] Please note this email is only for accommodation requests. Resumes sent to this email address will not be considered.