Senior Product Manager, Sports Performance Lab
- 50 Bay St, Toronto, ON M5J 2X8, Canada
Maple Leaf Sports & Entertainment (MLSE) one of the world's premier sports and entertainment companies, owns the Toronto Maple Leafs (NHL), Toronto Raptors (NBA), Toronto FC (MLS), Toronto Argonauts (CFL), Toronto Marlies (AHL), Raptors 905 (NBA D-League), TFC II (USL) and Raptors Uprising Gaming Club, the Toronto Raptors Esports franchise in the NBA 2K League. Its charitable arm, MLSE Foundation, focuses on funding initiatives to support youth through sport and recreational programs. In 2017 MLSE Foundation, with support of community and corporate partners, built MLSE LaunchPad, a 42,000-sq. ft. space dedicated to programming that support its four Pillars: Healthy Body, Healthy Mind, Ready For School and Ready For Work.
MLSE also owns and operates Scotiabank Arena, Canada’s premier sports & entertainment venue hosting more than 200 events each year, as well as two digital channels (Leafs Nation Network and NBA TV Canada), and has a partnership with Live Nation (the biggest concert promoter in the world). MLSE has also invested in and operates five of Toronto's sports facilities – Coca-Cola Coliseum, BMO Field, BMO Training Grounds at Downsview Park, home of Toronto FC's Academy and the First Team's practice facility, the Toronto Raptors’ training facility and the Ford Performance Centre, the practice facility for the Maple Leafs and Marlies.
MLSE’s common purpose is to unite and empower employees to deliver extraordinary moments to our fans and each other.
We are looking for a Senior Product Manager, with strong problem-solving skills, and an ability to influence business and technical leaders through the development of world-class sports performance-enhancing experiences. You will strike a balance of product management expertise, agile methodology, and a passion for creating breakthrough and high-quality solutions. You are a strong multi-tasker, with a high aptitude to drive innovation through partnership.
- Work with coaches, scouts and players to build digital products that help teams win!
- Discovery: identify customer problems to tackle.
- Vision: work with our teams to set the long term vision.
- Collaborate with Design and Dev to build the best user experience and technical solution.
- Roadmapping: prioritize how we get to that vision state.
- Break down stories: work with Design, Dev and Project Managers to break down the work into sprints.
- Track projects and deliver on time.
- Communicate and align team members.
- Figure out the right products and features to build to enhance team performance and add value to the organization.
- Demonstrated ability working as Product Manager
- Knowledge of scouting, player development, and/or in-game analytics
- Proficient in front end application design and development process
- Good understanding of Agile methodology
- Strong communication and project management skills
- Good presentation abilities
- Willingness to explore and learn new technologies
- Able to work with multiple products/projects and collaborate with an array of internal and external partners
- Organized and able to track product life cycle from planning through launch and iterations thereafter
- Financially responsible with attention to detail
- High sense of product ownership and delivering high-quality experiences
Apply by: April 9, 2020
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Maple Leaf Sports & Entertainment Partnership will provide reasonable accommodation for qualified individuals with disabilities in the job application process. If you have difficulty using our online application system and you need an accommodation due to a disability, please email [email protected] Please note this email is only for accommodation requests. Resumes sent to this email address will not be considered.