Senior Director, Partnerships, Music & Live Events
Maple Leaf Sports & Entertainment (MLSE) one of the world's premier sports and entertainment companies, owns the Toronto Maple Leafs (NHL), Toronto Raptors (NBA), Toronto FC (MLS), Toronto Argonauts (CFL), Toronto Marlies (AHL), Raptors 905 (NBA D-League), TFC II (USL) and Raptors Uprising Gaming Club, the Toronto Raptors Esports franchise in the NBA 2K League. Its charitable arm, MLSE Foundation, focuses on funding initiatives to support youth through sport and recreational programs. In 2017 MLSE Foundation, with support of community and corporate partners, built MLSE LaunchPad, a 42,000-sq. ft. space dedicated to programming that support its four Pillars: Healthy Body, Healthy Mind, Ready For School and Ready For Work.
MLSE also owns and operates Scotiabank Arena, Canada’s premier sports & entertainment venue hosting more than 200 events each year, as well as two digital channels (Leafs Nation Network and NBA TV Canada), and has a partnership with Live Nation (the biggest concert promoter in the world). MLSE has also invested in and operates five of Toronto's sports facilities – Coca-Cola Coliseum, BMO Field, BMO Training Grounds at Downsview Park, home of Toronto FC's Academy and the First Team's practice facility, the Toronto Raptors’ training facility and the MasterCard Centre for Hockey Excellence, the practice facility for the Maple Leafs and Marlies.
MLSE’s common purpose is to unite and empower employees to deliver extraordinary moments to our fans and each other.
MLSE is looking for a strategic commercial business leader with a passion for music and live entertainment to join the Music & Live Events team. Reporting to the Vice President, Music & Live Events, you will oversee a high performing Partnerships team with a focus on the development, sales and execution of partnerships (sponsorship) for Live Nation Canada, for which MLSE is the national sponsorship agency. You are skilled at managing a team, have a strong sales background and are results focused. The Live Entertainment Marketing team is also an essential part of your portfolio, with a focus on supporting non-team related live events at our buildings (Scotiabank Arena, Coca Cola Coliseum, BMO Field) and working closely with the Partnerships team to both create and execute sellable assets.
Furthermore, as a senior business development leader, you will be responsible for driving revenue for all things Entertainment at MLSE while delivering exceptional value to our partners and fans alike. This will include working with various departments such as Global Partnerships (sports), Ticketing, F&B, Marketing and collaborating with the our Teams (Toronto Raptors, Toronto Maple Leafs, Toronto Football Club, Toronto Argonauts) to create cross functional opportunities.
- Lead a high performing Music Partnerships team (servicing Live Nation Canada) by clearly defining business objectives and supporting KPI’s and providing the necessary tools and support to be successful.
- Have strong financial literacy of P&L’s, budgets and sales targets
- Anticipate and capitalize on relevant trends in the Marketing, Sponsorship and Entertainment landscape
- Understand and utilize Research & Insights – in order to drive and retain business
- Develop strong relationships with Live Nation Canada, Corporate Canada and various industry stakeholders
- Develop strong growth opportunities by utilizing your Sales acumen and tapping into your extensive network
- Develop strong internal relationships to further grow and strengthen the Entertainment business at MLSE
- 10+ years of demonstrated success in a business leadership role, music/entertainment experience an asset
- Commitment to grow the business and the team with a dedication to equity, diversity and inclusion
- Excellent client communication skills, presentation skills and confidence in leading a team
- Creative problem solving and negotiating skills
- Ability to think ‘big picture’ in both strategy and execution
- Ability to build and develop professional relationships both inside and outside of the organization
- Thrives in a dynamic team environment, with ability to productively handle multiple priorities and stakeholders
- Ambitious self-starter that works best under minimal supervision
- Ability to work events (evenings and weekends) as required
Apply by: March 13, 2021 at 5pm
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. Maple Leaf Sports & Entertainment Partnership will provide reasonable accommodation for qualified individuals with disabilities in the job application process. If you have difficulty using our online application system and you need an accommodation due to a disability, please email [email protected] Please note this email is only for accommodation requests. Resumes sent to this email address will not be considered.