Manager, Video Analysis TFC
- 85 Carl Hall Rd, North York, ON M3K 2B9, Canada
Maple Leaf Sports & Entertainment (MLSE) one of the world's premier sports and entertainment companies, owns the Toronto Maple Leafs (NHL), Toronto Raptors (NBA), Toronto FC (MLS), Toronto Argonauts (CFL), Toronto Marlies (AHL), Raptors 905 (NBA D-League), TFC II (USL) and Raptors Uprising Gaming Club, the Toronto Raptors Esports franchise in the NBA 2K League. Its charitable arm, MLSE Foundation, focuses on funding initiatives to support youth through sport and recreational programs. In 2017 MLSE Foundation, with support of community and corporate partners, built MLSE LaunchPad, a 42,000-sq. ft. space dedicated to programming that support its four Pillars: Healthy Body, Healthy Mind, Ready For School and Ready For Work.
MLSE also owns and operates Scotiabank Arena, Canada’s premier sports & entertainment venue hosting more than 200 events each year, as well as two digital channels (Leafs Nation Network and NBA TV Canada), and has a partnership with Live Nation (the biggest concert promoter in the world). MLSE has also invested in and operates five of Toronto's sports facilities – Coca-Cola Coliseum, BMO Field, BMO Training Grounds at Downsview Park, home of Toronto FC's Academy and the First Team's practice facility, the Toronto Raptors’ training facility and the Ford Performance Centre for Hockey Excellence, the practice facility for the Maple Leafs and Marlies.
MLSE’s common purpose is to unite and empower employees to deliver extraordinary moments to our fans and each other.
As one of the most culturally diverse cities in the world, Toronto is home to millions of fans for what is widely considered the most popular sport globally. Beginning play in 2007, Toronto FC united Toronto fans as it began play at BMO Field with a goal of establishing itself as not only being a force in Major League Soccer, but also within international competition. In 2017, Toronto FC would post the best season in MLS history while winning the domestic treble by bringing home the Canadian Championship, the Supporters’ Shield and the MLS Cup. With rabid fan support, and a historic championship season to their credit, Toronto FC and its fans have their sights set on bringing the championship back to BMO Field.
Toronto FC is seeking a Manager, Video Analysis to work directly with First Team and extended Technical Staff to deliver high quality video analysis to help the club reach its competitive goals. The position will provide critical First Team support on topics such as, but not limited to, tactical analysis, opposition research, and data analytics. The ideal candidate will help drive a culture of objective analysis throughout the club and create a long-term strategy for video analysis within the club.
- Video Recording and Live Tagging of all First Team games, home and away.
- Provide in-game analysis and support to First Team Coaching Staff and coordinate halftime analysis processes.
- Facilitate post game video analysis with First Team Coaching Staff.
- Lead the Video Recording of First Team training sessions.
- Maintain an updated club database of games and training session footage.
- Complete video-based projects assigned by First Team Coaching Staff and extended Technical Staff.
- Manage the club analysis software tools and licenses. Facilitate support when necessary.
- Contribute to First Team opposition scouting and research.
- Facilitate the communication of analytics insights through video analysis.
- 1-3 years of demonstrated success as an analyst or coach in a high-level sporting environment, such as College, Semi-Professional, or Professional soccer.
- Proficiency in Sportscode, Coach Paint, or similar video analysis software.
- Comfortable operating in highly dynamic and stressful environments.
- Proficiency constructing presentations in PowerPoint or similar software.
- Familiarity with Soccer Analytics topics. Experience with SQL or other scripting languages is preferred.
- Can work flexible and varying schedules, including extended travel and late hours.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills. Demonstrates confidence leading conversations about soccer performance.
- Thrives in a fast-paced setting; can handle multiple priorities at the same time.
- A positive, winning approach, incorporating integrity, confidentiality and discretion.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. Maple Leaf Sports & Entertainment Partnership will provide reasonable accommodation for qualified individuals with disabilities in the job application process. If you have difficulty using our online application system and you need an accommodation due to a disability, please email [email protected] Please note this email is only for accommodation requests. Resumes sent to this email address will not be considered.