Foreman, Field Maintenance
- 170 Princes' Blvd, Toronto, ON M6K 3C3, Canada
Maple Leaf Sports & Entertainment (MLSE) one of the world's premier sports and entertainment companies, owns the Toronto Maple Leafs (NHL), Toronto Raptors (NBA), Toronto FC (MLS), Toronto Argonauts (CFL), Toronto Marlies (AHL), Raptors 905 (NBA D-League), TFC II (USL) and Raptors Uprising Gaming Club, the Toronto Raptors Esports franchise in the NBA 2K League. Its charitable arm, MLSE Foundation, focuses on funding initiatives to support youth through sport and recreational programs. In 2017 MLSE Foundation, with support of community and corporate partners, built MLSE LaunchPad, a 42,000-sq. ft. space dedicated to programming that support its four Pillars: Healthy Body, Healthy Mind, Ready For School and Ready For Work.
MLSE also owns and operates Scotiabank Arena, Canada’s premier sports & entertainment venue hosting more than 200 events each year, as well as two digital channels (Leafs Nation Network and NBA TV Canada), and has a partnership with Live Nation (the biggest concert promoter in the world). MLSE has also invested in and operates five of Toronto's sports facilities – Coca-Cola Coliseum, BMO Field, BMO Training Grounds at Downsview Park, home of Toronto FC's Academy and the First Team's practice facility, the Toronto Raptors’ training facility and the MasterCard Centre for Hockey Excellence, the practice facility for the Maple Leafs and Marlies.
MLSE’s common purpose is to unite and empower employees to deliver extraordinary moments to our fans and each other.
Seed and grow within MLSE's Groundskeeping role!
Job Responsibilities may include but are not limited to the following:
- Assist in the field preparation for TFC soccer and Argos football games, concerts and other events
- Run equipment; tractors, mowers, line trimmers, etc.
- Maintain landscaping around stadium and practice facility to the highest quality
- Assist in painting multiple types of professional athletic fields
- Assist in a year-long fertilizer/herbicide/pesticide program
- Assist in the equipment maintenance program
- Oversee small projects
- Lead groups on projects
- Other responsibilities as the need arises
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience in the turf industry
- Flexibility to work extended hours, including some nights and weekends
- Strong interpersonal skills, both written and verbal
- Ability to lift to 50 pounds
- Full G license in good standing an asset
Please note about this role:
- location is at BMO field and BMO training ground in Downsview
- this is a part-time contract of 30-40 hours per week (Mon-Fri, with an occasional weekend)
- Rate of pay is $18/hour
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Maple Leaf Sports & Entertainment Partnership will provide reasonable accommodation for qualified individuals with disabilities in the job application process. If you have difficulty using our online application system and you need an accommodation due to a disability, please email [email protected] Please note this email is only for accommodation requests. Resumes sent to this email address will not be considered.