Director, Equity, Diversity & Inclusion - Team Strategies
- 50 Bay St, Toronto, ON M5J 2X8, Canada
Maple Leaf Sports & Entertainment (MLSE) one of the world's premier sports and entertainment companies, owns the Toronto Maple Leafs (NHL), Toronto Raptors (NBA), Toronto FC (MLS), Toronto Argonauts (CFL), Toronto Marlies (AHL), Raptors 905 (NBA D-League), TFC II (USL) and Raptors Uprising Gaming Club, the Toronto Raptors Esports franchise in the NBA 2K League. Its charitable arm, MLSE Foundation, focuses on funding initiatives to support youth through sport and recreational programs. In 2017 MLSE Foundation, with support of community and corporate partners, built MLSE LaunchPad, a 42,000-sq. ft. space dedicated to programming that support its four Pillars: Healthy Body, Healthy Mind, Ready For School and Ready For Work.
MLSE also owns and operates Scotiabank Arena, Canada’s premier sports & entertainment venue hosting more than 200 events each year, as well as two digital channels (Leafs Nation Network and NBA TV Canada), and has a partnership with Live Nation (the biggest concert promoter in the world). MLSE has also invested in and operates five of Toronto's sports facilities – Coca-Cola Coliseum, BMO Field, BMO Training Grounds at Downsview Park, home of Toronto FC's Academy and the First Team's practice facility, the Toronto Raptors’ training facility and the Ford Performance Centre, the practice facility for the Maple Leafs and Marlies.
MLSE’s common purpose is to unite and empower employees to deliver extraordinary moments to our fans and each other.
As an organization committed to breaking down the barriers and strengthening a culture of inclusion, MLSE is currently seeking an experienced leader with vision for this newly crafted position as Director Equity, Diversity and Inclusion – Team Strategies. Reporting to the Senior Vice President, Equity Diversity & Inclusion, you will join the MLSE team during an exciting time of transformation.
In this role, you are a subject matter authority in Equity, Diversity & Inclusion with demonstrated leadership capability to impact and influence change. You lead with vision and enable & champion our commitment to fostering a workplace culture and environment that is inclusive, diverse, equitable, in order to provide an extraordinary experience to our fans.
You will be a key leader with reach across the organization, you will collaborate and provide thought leadership to a variety of partners both internally and externally and build impactful strategies and co-other programs that support the Toronto Maple Leafs, Toronto FC and Toronto Argonauts, while working closely with MLSE's Community Affairs team.
You will work cross-functionally in implementing sophisticated programs and initiatives that foster inclusive practices, and align with MLSE's mandate, values and overall business plan. If you have an entrepreneurial growth approach, this opportunity is for you!
- Provide strategic leadership and direction in advancing EDI objectives across the Leafs, Argos and TFC organizations and through their associated community programs.
- Work to identify and address systemic barriers to inclusion and career advancement.
- Strengthen leadership capabilities and provide mentorship and coaching to leaders to be active champions and advocates for inclusion and belonging.
- Develop innovative practices and internal programming that drives engagement and fosters an open, ‘speak-up’ culture.
- Monitor employee sentiment pertaining to equity, diversity and inclusion through periodic surveys and employee forums and formulates action plans to address gaps.
- Collaborate with the MLSE Community Affairs team and other internal partners, league contacts and external parties to promote EDI initiatives to employees, fans, partners, players and the community-at-large.
- Hold team leadership accountable through good governance and uses data insights and feedback to evolve and iterate strategic approach, establish meaningful goals and report on progress.
- Possess an authentic passion for lifelong learning and have a dedication to staying current to leading and innovative diversity research and topics.
Qualifications and Proficiencies
- Deep understanding and experience (8+ years) within equity, diversity and inclusion practices, organizational change, strategy development and leadership programs.
- Keen understanding of how diversity, inclusion and cultural proficiency prove critical to developing a progressive and equitable workplace.
- Demonstrated success leading, influencing and executing on significant multi-year strategic organizational diversity change initiatives.
- Hardworking, dynamic and strategic leader, with demonstrated ability of harmonizing strategy, programs and experiences, and ability to influence at all levels.
- In-depth knowledge of leading practices, policies, processes and evaluation tools in diversity and inclusion.
- Expertise in building balanced business relationships with all levels of leaders and business partners through trust, respect, competence and confidence.
- Demonstrated experience developing and implementing cross-functional, multi-stakeholder, impactful strategy.
- Experience growing grassroots initiatives with the ability to think strategically and translate team and individual needs into measurable objectives.
- Ability to bring complicated topics to the table in a constructive way and engage partners to build viable impactful solutions.
Apply by: January 20, 2021
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Maple Leaf Sports & Entertainment Partnership will provide reasonable accommodation for qualified individuals with disabilities in the job application process. If you have difficulty using our online application system and you need an accommodation due to a disability, please email [email protected] Please note this email is only for accommodation requests. Resumes sent to this email address will not be considered.