Financial Analyst, Finance
- 50 Bay St, Toronto, ON M5J 2X8, Canada
Maple Leaf Sports & Entertainment (MLSE) one of the world's premier sports and entertainment companies, owns the Toronto Maple Leafs (NHL), Toronto Raptors (NBA), Toronto FC (MLS), Toronto Argonauts (CFL), Toronto Marlies (AHL), Raptors 905 (NBA D-League), TFC II (USL) and Raptors Uprising Gaming Club, the Toronto Raptors Esports franchise in the NBA 2K League. Its charitable arm, MLSE Foundation, focuses on funding initiatives to support youth through sport and recreational programs. In 2017 MLSE Foundation, with support of community and corporate partners, built MLSE LaunchPad, a 42,000-sq. ft. space dedicated to programming that support its four Pillars: Healthy Body, Healthy Mind, Ready For School and Ready For Work.
MLSE also owns and operates Scotiabank Arena, Canada’s premier sports & entertainment venue hosting more than 200 events each year, as well as two digital channels (Leafs Nation Network and NBA TV Canada), and has a partnership with Live Nation (the biggest concert promoter in the world). MLSE has also invested in and operates five of Toronto's sports facilities – Coca-Cola Coliseum, BMO Field, BMO Training Grounds at Downsview Park, home of Toronto FC's Academy and the First Team's practice facility, the Toronto Raptors’ training facility and the Ford Performance Centre, the practice facility for the Maple Leafs and Marlies.
MLSE’s common purpose is to unite and empower employees to deliver extraordinary moments to our fans and each other.
In the role of Financial Analyst, you will play a pivotal role in organizational planning of the department by leading day to day financial analysis and management of the planning environment. You will build external relationships and support Operating Managers and MLSE's Chief Venue and Operations Officer with departmental reporting and analysis.
Responsibilities in this role...
1) Support operating teams at Scotiabank Arena, Coca Cola Coliseum and BMO Field including:
- Supporting Directors and Managers with business decisions
- Acting as a liaison between operators and the greater Finance team
- Providing regular financial analysis and reporting along with special ad hoc requests
- Carry out game-day and other league reporting requirements
- Full-year budgeting and forecasting for each venue and team
- Participating in special projects and other fun and exciting programs as they are presented!
2) Operation and ongoing maintenance of the financial planning system including:
- Scheduling data management processes in Oracle Enterprise Planning and Budgeting Could Service (EPBCS)
- Migrating data from between EPBCS and the Oracle ERP
- Spearhead updates to system rules and scenario drivers
Qualifications you possess...
- You have a minimum of 1-2 years of relevant accounting experience
- You have earned a postgraduate degree or diploma preferably in a Finance-related subject area
- You have solid skills in financial analysis and reporting
- You are working toward or have completed your CPA designation
- Your outstanding track record to build solid business and strategic plans is a strength
- You possess applied knowledge of Oracle major accounting and reporting software or tried ability to learn new software and system
- You have familiarity with report generating tools, such as SQL and Excel Cube reports, although you're still honing your skills
- You have an outstanding understanding of Microsoft Office
- Your ability to work as part of a team and independently makes you an invaluable member to any team
- You possess a knack for grasping and assessing details while maintaining big-picture thinking
- Your outstanding people, presentation and interpersonal skills make you fun and engaging to work with
- Your preference for a multifaceted and fast-paced environment makes you an outstanding fit for this role with MLSE
- You have flexibility to work evenings / weekends when timelines get tight, and we're in a pinch!
Apply by: January 22, 2021
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Maple Leaf Sports & Entertainment Partnership will provide reasonable accommodation for qualified individuals with disabilities in the job application process. If you have difficulty using our online application system and you need an accommodation due to a disability, please email [email protected] Please note this email is only for accommodation requests. Resumes sent to this email address will not be considered.