Senior Financial Analyst, TFC
- 85 Carl Hall Rd, North York, ON M3K 2B9, Canada
Maple Leaf Sports & Entertainment (MLSE) one of the world's premier sports and entertainment companies, owns the Toronto Maple Leafs (NHL), Toronto Raptors (NBA), Toronto FC (MLS), Toronto Argonauts (CFL), Toronto Marlies (AHL), Raptors 905 (NBA D-League), TFC II (USL) and Raptors Uprising Gaming Club, the Toronto Raptors Esports franchise in the NBA 2K League. Its charitable arm, MLSE Foundation, focuses on funding initiatives to support youth through sport and recreational programs. In 2017 MLSE Foundation, with support of community and corporate partners, built MLSE LaunchPad, a 42,000-sq. ft. space dedicated to programming that support its four Pillars: Healthy Body, Healthy Mind, Ready For School and Ready For Work.
MLSE also owns and operates Scotiabank Arena, Canada’s premier sports & entertainment venue hosting more than 200 events each year, as well as two digital channels (Leafs Nation Network and NBA TV Canada), and has a partnership with Live Nation (the biggest concert promoter in the world). MLSE has also invested in and operates five of Toronto's sports facilities – Coca-Cola Coliseum, BMO Field, BMO Training Grounds at Downsview Park, home of Toronto FC's Academy and the First Team's practice facility, the Toronto Raptors’ training facility and the MasterCard Centre for Hockey Excellence, the practice facility for the Maple Leafs and Marlies.
MLSE’s common purpose is to unite and empower employees to deliver extraordinary moments to our fans and each other.
As the liaison to the MLSE Finance team and as a valuable member of the Toronto FC team, you will be responsible for the day-to-day financial operations for Toronto FC, Toronto FC II, TFC Academy, TFC Juniors and BMO Training Grounds while helping to support business decisions through your expertise
As a Finance Client Service Representative (CSR) to Toronto FC Team Operations, you will provide financial support in the following areas:
- Financial reporting including journal entry preparation, account reconciliations, quarterly reporting packages and forecasting
- Prepare and present the Monthly Dashboard to the team President
- Be the lead in consolidating MLSE's and Major League Soccer’s annual budget for Toronto FC and Toronto FC II
- Prepare variance analysis write-up and slides for inclusion in the quarterly Board package
- Value added business services to support the management team in decision making
- Maintain professional communication on a consistent basis with stakeholders from Team Operations and Business Operations
- Build and maintain the 3-5 year financial strategic plan model for Toronto FC Team Operations
- Prepare league reporting and respond to request for information from Major League Soccer and United Soccer League
- Review invoices and expense reports prior to sending to Accounts Payable
- Prepare month-end reconciliations of Balance Sheet accounts, maintaining efficient and effective control of the business
- Participate in special projects and perform other related duties as assigned
- Cross-functional assistance on an as needed basis with counterpart for the Toronto Argonauts
- Completion of a recognized accounting designation (CPA) is an asset
- A minimum of 3 years of relevant work experience
- Advanced user of MS Office programs, particularly with Word, Excel and PowerPoint. Experience with Oracle, Hyperion, Visual Basics and Smart View is an asset
- Exceptional financial reporting skills with a strong knowledge in accounting principles and IFRS
- Excellent communication skills with a high degree of professionalism
- Able to multi-task and prioritize within a deadline driven, fast-paced, changing environment
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Excellent organizational, analytical and problem-solving skills
- Motivated self-starter with a winning attitude and a love for soccer is an asset
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Maple Leaf Sports & Entertainment Partnership will provide reasonable accommodation for qualified individuals with disabilities in the job application process. If you have difficulty using our online application system and you need an accommodation due to a disability, please email [email protected] Please note this email is only for accommodation requests. Resumes sent to this email address will not be considered.