Accountant, Finance (Maternity Leave Contract)
- 50 Bay St, Toronto, ON M5J 2X8, Canada
Maple Leaf Sports & Entertainment (MLSE) one of the world's premier sports and entertainment companies, owns the Toronto Maple Leafs (NHL), Toronto Raptors (NBA), Toronto FC (MLS), Toronto Argonauts (CFL), Toronto Marlies (AHL), Raptors 905 (NBA D-League), TFC II (USL) and Raptors Uprising Gaming Club, the Toronto Raptors Esports franchise in the NBA 2K League. Its charitable arm, MLSE Foundation, focuses on funding initiatives to support youth through sport and recreational programs. In 2017 MLSE Foundation, with support of community and corporate partners, built MLSE LaunchPad, a 42,000-sq. ft. space dedicated to programming that support its four Pillars: Healthy Body, Healthy Mind, Ready For School and Ready For Work.
MLSE also owns and operates Scotiabank Arena, Canada’s premier sports & entertainment venue hosting more than 200 events each year, as well as two digital channels (Leafs Nation Network and NBA TV Canada), and has a partnership with Live Nation (the biggest concert promoter in the world). MLSE has also invested in and operates five of Toronto's sports facilities – Coca-Cola Coliseum, BMO Field, BMO Training Grounds at Downsview Park, home of Toronto FC's Academy and the First Team's practice facility, the Toronto Raptors’ training facility and the Ford Performance Centre, the practice facility for the Maple Leafs and Marlies.
MLSE’s common purpose is to unite and empower employees to deliver extraordinary moments to our fans and each other.
In the role of Accountant, you will be a part of MLSE's dynamic and engaging Finance team, responsible for supporting various finance functions across the organization. You will lead operational improvements and assist in completing a timely month end financial closing and reporting process. You will report directly to the Manager, Finance, and work closely with operational groups to accurately report financial results.
Responsibilities in this role...
- Lead general accounting duties, including the preparation of monthly journal entries and accruals
- Maintain accounting schedules and reconciliation of various financial accounts
- Analyze and report on month-end and quarter-end variances to assist with Financial planning
- Perform monthly calculations and reconciliations for key accounts
- Assist with board package preparation and management reporting.
- Produce and review annual plan and forecast for certain departments
- Participate in special projects and ad-hoc requests.
Qualifications you possess...
- You will have a minimum of 3 years of relevant accounting experience
- You have earned a post graduate degree or diploma preferably in Business Administration, Finance or Commerce
- You are enrolled in or in the process of obtaining a Chartered Professional Accountant (CPA) designation
- You are a results oriented and detailed individual with a focus on standard methodologies and continuous improvements
- You have strong interpersonal communication (written and verbal) skills
- You are able to build and lead effective working relationships with other departments and external partners
- You demonstrate initiative and can work independently and as part of a team
- You possess outstanding organizational skills with the ability to independently lead and prioritize work activities and inputs
- You have a strong eye for business including detailed understanding of financial accounting principles
- You prefer a multifaceted and fast-paced environment
- You demonstrate applied knowledge of Oracle Cloud ERP would be an asset
- You have an outstanding understanding of MS Office and your advanced proficiency with Excel, VBA, and macros is considered an asset
Apply by: January 21, 2021
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Maple Leaf Sports & Entertainment Partnership will provide reasonable accommodation for qualified individuals with disabilities in the job application process. If you have difficulty using our online application system and you need an accommodation due to a disability, please email [email protected] Please note this email is only for accommodation requests. Resumes sent to this email address will not be considered.