Total Rewards Specialist
- 50 Bay St, Toronto, ON M5J 2X8, Canada
Maple Leaf Sports & Entertainment (MLSE) one of the world's premier sports and entertainment companies, owns the Toronto Maple Leafs (NHL), Toronto Raptors (NBA), Toronto FC (MLS), Toronto Argonauts (CFL), Toronto Marlies (AHL), Raptors 905 (NBA D-League), TFC II (USL) and Raptors Uprising Gaming Club, the Toronto Raptors Esports franchise in the NBA 2K League. Its charitable arm, MLSE Foundation, focuses on funding initiatives to support youth through sport and recreational programs. In 2017 MLSE Foundation, with support of community and corporate partners, built MLSE LaunchPad, a 42,000-sq. ft. space dedicated to programming that support its four Pillars: Healthy Body, Healthy Mind, Ready For School and Ready For Work.
MLSE also owns and operates Scotiabank Arena, Canada’s premier sports & entertainment venue hosting more than 200 events each year, as well as two digital channels (Leafs Nation Network and NBA TV Canada), and has a partnership with Live Nation (the biggest concert promoter in the world). MLSE has also invested in and operates five of Toronto's sports facilities – Coca-Cola Coliseum, BMO Field, BMO Training Grounds at Downsview Park, home of Toronto FC's Academy and the First Team's practice facility, the Toronto Raptors’ training facility and the MasterCard Centre for Hockey Excellence, the practice facility for the Maple Leafs and Marlies.
MLSE’s common purpose is to unite and empower employees to deliver extraordinary moments to our fans and each other.
The Total Rewards Specialist is accountable for providing comprehensive support and leadership around the total rewards strategy. As part of this role, you will be responsible for compensation and benefit administration and analysis in addition to the continuous support and enhancement of the core HR system (Workday).
Reporting to the Manager, Total Rewards, you will also partner with HR Business Partners and external partners on an ongoing basis in order to provide analytical insights to support decisions, manage our data governance, and consistently apply an equitable approach in administering our total reward offerings.
- Support the annual pay compensation cycle for salary and variable pay (AIP) which includes the business planning process regarding timelines and budgets as well as contributing financial and accounting information, analysis, and recommendations to strategic thinking and direction
- Lead the annual salary survey activities as well as analyzing market data, reviewing and providing recommendations for the development of salary budgets for annual salary increase, promotions and salary adjustments
- Provides regular support and general compensation consulting to HR Managers and Business Unit Managers in areas such as market pay and analysis and consulting on new roles
- Participate in the job evaluation committee to ensure legal compliance and aligns compensation policies to total rewards strategy
- Advises and communicates to most levels of management and Team Members on established policies and procedures, fixed/ variable compensation programs, and compensation systems
- Works closely with the Manager, Total Rewards on various compensation projects and programs
Pension & Benefits:
- Own and administer MLSE’s Canadian and US Benefit plans while managing and processing enrollments, and generating premium remittance and reconciliation
- Manage and track all short and long-term disability management claims and communicate with insurance providers and internal parties regarding claim status
- Manage all pension and benefit processes through MLSE’s HRIS system (Workday), ensure the integrity of information, and utilize the reporting features to manage programs
- Respond to employee inquiries regarding the pension and benefit program, and act as a liaison with insurance providers to address employee benefit concerns or questions
- Participate in meetings with insurance providers and third-party consultants to discuss plan status and evaluate potential plan design changes during MLSE’s annual review of the benefit program
- Own and administer MLSE’s Group RRSP and Defined Contribution Pension Plan while managing and processing enrollments by identifying eligible participants and manage enrollment process, including providing accurate information to plan administrators.
- Lead our HR analytics platform through design, development and trend analysis to ensure KPIs are delivered to the business
- Manage HR technology projects as it relates to process improvement and strategic design of our total reward modules and data governance within Workday.
- Experienced and knowledgeable user of HRIS systems (Cloud based preferred such as Workday, Oracle, etc.)
- Strong customer focus and command skills and is comfortable implementing change and dealing with ambiguity
- Capable of making decisions within guidelines and policies
- Expert skills with Excel required. Proficiency with other Microsoft Office tools required.
- Strong analytic, written and verbal skills
- Experience demonstrating project management and organizational skills
- Minimum of 5 to 6 years of Total Reward Experience with 2-3 years of pension/benefit administration experience
- Bachelor's degree with a concentration in Human Resources Management, Finance or equivalent in training & experience preferred
- Certified Compensation Professional (CCP) or Certified Employee Benefit Specialist (CEBS) designation an asset
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Maple Leaf Sports & Entertainment Partnership will provide reasonable accommodation for qualified individuals with disabilities in the job application process. If you have difficulty using our online application system and you need an accommodation due to a disability, please email [email protected] Please note this email is only for accommodation requests. Resumes sent to this email address will not be considered.