Salesforce Developer (12 Month Contract)
- 50 Bay St, Toronto, ON M5J 2X8, Canada
Maple Leaf Sports & Entertainment (MLSE) one of the world's premier sports and entertainment companies, owns the Toronto Maple Leafs (NHL), Toronto Raptors (NBA), Toronto FC (MLS), Toronto Argonauts (CFL), Toronto Marlies (AHL), Raptors 905 (NBA D-League), TFC II (USL) and Raptors Uprising Gaming Club, the Toronto Raptors Esports franchise in the NBA 2K League. Its charitable arm, MLSE Foundation, focuses on funding initiatives to support youth through sport and recreational programs. In 2017 MLSE Foundation, with support of community and corporate partners, built MLSE LaunchPad, a 42,000-sq. ft. space dedicated to programming that support its four Pillars: Healthy Body, Healthy Mind, Ready For School and Ready For Work.
MLSE also owns and operates Scotiabank Arena, Canada’s premier sports & entertainment venue hosting more than 200 events each year, as well as two digital channels (Leafs Nation Network and NBA TV Canada), and has a partnership with Live Nation (the biggest concert promoter in the world). MLSE has also invested in and operates five of Toronto's sports facilities – Coca-Cola Coliseum, BMO Field, BMO Training Grounds at Downsview Park, home of Toronto FC's Academy and the First Team's practice facility, the Toronto Raptors’ training facility and the MasterCard Centre for Hockey Excellence, the practice facility for the Maple Leafs and Marlies.
MLSE’s common purpose is to unite and empower employees to deliver extraordinary moments to our fans and each other.
At MLSE Digital Labs, we are a new part of the innovation fabric at MLSE, co-creating the future of sports & entertainment. We build software to create the best physical and digital experience for our fans. With the rise in availability of data, we are able to make faster, better decisions that result in better products and the creation of new and disruptive business models. As part of Digital Labs, the Marketing Operations team focuses on creating outstanding digital customer experiences where our customers are at the center of our design. The success of this vision is critical to MLSE and in the hands of those that transform vital business needs into code which drive innovation.
We are looking for a talented, self-directed, Salesforce Developer with experience with the Salesforce Cloud Platform to join our Marketing Operations team. You will design, develop, implement and maintain Salesforce solutions on our CRM platform. You will advise on technical solutions that leverage Salesforce technology to build, enable and improve our stakeholders’ ability to be successful on the platform. You will collaborate with your Marketing Operations colleagues to take these solutions from strategy to execution following MLSE standards, best practices, and guidelines for all application development life cycle (SDLC). In addition to good technical ability, you have strong interpersonal, communication and collaborative skills that have made you successful in developing relationships and building trust with team members and stakeholders alike.
- Feature lifecycle management from idea to implementation.
- Work with BAs, Admins and Architects to design and develop scalable solutions for partner requirements.
- Build and improve Salesforce Lightning and Marketing Cloud implementations.
- Support platform integration into and out of Salesforce.
- Leverage the latest and greatest Salesforce.com features by following the Salesforce releases and content.
- Advocate the industry standards for Salesforce development best practices.
- Design and develop customer solutions utilizing technologies available to Salesforce Platform.
- Work effectively, individually and with team members to achieve customer satisfaction and success.
- Follow MLSE best practices for code creation and documentation.
- Support CRM data migration and data health efforts.
- Implement new and emerging digital solutions to advance Business and Technology roadmaps using the capabilities of Salesforce platform.
- Provide technical assistance in identifying, evaluating and developing systems and procedures which are cost effective and meet user requirements.
- Certification in Platform Developer I, Platform Developer II
- Bachelor’s degree in Software Engineering, Computer Science, or a related field
- Combination of professional experience and education
- Salesforce Certified Platform App Builder
- Salesforce Certified Administrator
- Salesforce Certified Platform Developer
- SFDC Developer Certification
- Additional Salesforce certifications are a bonus
Salesforce Cloud Experience
- Sales and Service Cloud
- Marketing Cloud
- Community Cloud
- Salesforce Lightning
Languages, Code, Platform Skills
- Solid understanding of Salesforce concepts and architecture
- Apex, Visualforce, and the salesforce.com APIs
- Visual Studio Code and Git
- Process Builders, Flows, Dataloader, Import Wizard, Export Wizard and Lightning components.
- SOAP, REST, Streaming and Bulk
- Experience with MVC design pattern
- Salesforce query languages like SOQL and SOSL
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Proven prioritization, and analytical skills
- Ability to design and optimize technical systems in support of organizational process
- Develop new ideas and propose innovative solutions to business problems
- Comfortable working in a team environment with people from multiple backgrounds and skill sets
- Strong understanding of the software development lifecycle from development to testing
- Self-motivated, able to work independently
- Adaptable to changing requirements, changing schedules
- Ability and desire to participate in project planning and scoping throughout a project
- Experience in practicing agile methodologies, including scrum and continuous integration environments
Apply by: November 27, 2020
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Maple Leaf Sports & Entertainment Partnership will provide reasonable accommodation for qualified individuals with disabilities in the job application process. If you have difficulty using our online application system and you need an accommodation due to a disability, please email [email protected] Please note this email is only for accommodation requests. Resumes sent to this email address will not be considered.