Manager, Global Partnerships
- 50 Bay St, Toronto, ON M5J 2X8, Canada
Maple Leaf Sports & Entertainment (MLSE) one of the world's premier sports and entertainment companies, owns the Toronto Maple Leafs (NHL), Toronto Raptors (NBA), Toronto FC (MLS), Toronto Argonauts (CFL), Toronto Marlies (AHL), Raptors 905 (NBA D-League), TFC II (USL) and Raptors Uprising Gaming Club, the Toronto Raptors Esports franchise in the NBA 2K League. Its charitable arm, MLSE Foundation, focuses on funding initiatives to support youth through sport and recreational programs. In 2017 MLSE Foundation, with support of community and corporate partners, built MLSE LaunchPad, a 42,000-sq. ft. space dedicated to programming that support its four Pillars: Healthy Body, Healthy Mind, Ready For School and Ready For Work.
MLSE also owns and operates Scotiabank Arena, Canada’s premier sports & entertainment venue hosting more than 200 events each year, as well as two digital channels (Leafs Nation Network and NBA TV Canada), and has a partnership with Live Nation (the biggest concert promoter in the world). MLSE has also invested in and operates five of Toronto's sports facilities – Coca-Cola Coliseum, BMO Field, BMO Training Grounds at Downsview Park, home of Toronto FC's Academy and the First Team's practice facility, the Toronto Raptors’ training facility and the Ford Centre for Hockey Excellence, the practice facility for the Maple Leafs and Marlies.
MLSE’s common purpose is to unite and empower employees to deliver extraordinary moments to our fans and each other.
Global Partnerships - Who We Are
We are the voice of cheering and of changing. We are the heart, soul, and hustle of hard work. We are the fans, we are the families, we are Global Partnerships.
We work together, we learn together, we rise together. Our successes and our failures have equally set the foundation for every deck, decision, pitch, and partner we make moving forward.
Our teams, our fans, and our stories create award winning, internationally recognized, best in class partnerships that set, raise, and exceed expectation. We aim to be recognized as leaders through our people, properties, and partners.
We celebrate the diversity, individuality, and personality of our peers, striving to be the best in class, in every class. We believe in Respect, Resilience, Commitment, and Ambition. We work for, with, and around the people that inspire us to try, persist, and achieve more.
Our work transcends games, seasons, trophies, and tours. Our success is measured by more than a scoreboard. Our team is stronger when we stand united. We create, we celebrate, we build, and we become better.
What we choose to do next, means everything. It defines greatness, builds character, makes history, and brings the world to its feet.
So, Are You In?
We Want To Hear From You If:
- You have 5 or more years of demonstrated success in a marketing, strategy and/ or partnership marketing role with knowledge of integrated channels including Digital, Social Media, Experiential and Broadcast
- You are inclusive and empathetic; you seek to understand how others view and experience the world
- You are up for a challenge: a demanding position where you can share in the wins of the organization alongside your colleagues
- You are a high performing individual and leader who brings positive and uplifting energy to work every day
- You thrive in a fast-paced environment where no two days are the same
- You build and maintain excellent relationships with both clients and colleagues
- You welcome and provide constructive feedback; you love to learn and ask questions, and you can step out of your comfort zone
- You have excellent client communication skills, presentation skills and confidence in leading conversations
- You are responsible, accountable and solutions-focused; you deliver on promises and take initiative
- You are honest and direct; you believe that good enough just isn’t enough
- Truly happy clients drive you to succeed - you are client centric to the core!
- You can think ‘big picture’ in both strategy and execution
MLSE is looking for a client-centric, partnership marketer with a passion for sports and culture to join the Global Partnerships team. Reporting to the Director, Global Partnerships, this role will focus on the strategic building and execution of sport marketing partnerships for some of the world’s leading and emerging brands. Our group is known for producing award winning marketing programs that raise the bar of creativity and strategic delivery. With an integrated marketing approach, the ideal candidate will be a creative, energetic and organized thought leader driven to deliver breakthrough and compelling multi-platform marketing solutions that are rooted in the sports and culture space that deliver for our fans and the key marketing objectives for our partners. If you are truly interested in creating impact through marketing in sports – we want to hear from you.
- Lead a portfolio of integrated partnerships with minimal supervision; build strong and trusted business relationships with senior clients through regular and pro-active contact – continually seeking to elevate the partnership
- Provides thought leadership to partners during ideation phase and throughout delivery; sells through creative thinking by appealing to reason and connecting the work back to strategy
- Lead a team of emerging partnership marketing professionals; provide leadership on their roster of partner accounts and offer timely and meaningful feedback
- Develop a deep and thorough understanding of the partner’s business and competitive environment to continually deliver against business objectives for both the partner and MLSE
- Build and execute creative, integrated marketing solutions that deliver against partner objectives and drive affinity for our teams in the marketplace
- Develop, lead and be accountable for individual partner budgets with monthly and year end reporting requirements
- Collaborate with internal stakeholders to fulfill responsibilities, share information and execution activations
- Utilize data to drive decision making for program optimization and develops detailed post-mortems on programs and year-end reports
- Stay current with all facets of the dynamic marketing mix, including digital, social media, experiential, print and broadcast; equipped with creativity and innovative ideas
- Proactively identifies and manages critical issues; demonstrates resilience and adapts to evolving plans and strategies; where conflicting issues on partnerships arise, able to find solutions along with the internal team
- Post-secondary degree or diploma, preferably in a business-related discipline
- 5-7 years of related and meaningful experience in marketing, strategy and/ or partnership marketing
- Experience in managing others with an inclusive and empathetic mindset
- Solid comprehension of general marketing and partnership principles and a mindset for client service
- Experience developing and managing budgets
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, comfortable with public speaking
- Ability to build and maintain professional relationships both internally and externally
- Creative self-starter, motivated by results and alert to change
- Ability to see the big picture and strategize accordingly
- Shown to perform well under pressure; handle multiple priorities at the same time
- Available to work evenings and weekends as required/ when applicable – this is the sports and entertainment business, after all
- A positive, winning approach, incorporating integrity, confidentiality and discretion
Apply by: November 26, 2020.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Maple Leaf Sports & Entertainment Partnership will provide reasonable accommodation for qualified individuals with disabilities in the job application process. If you have difficulty using our online application system and you need an accommodation due to a disability, please email [email protected] Please note this email is only for accommodation requests. Resumes sent to this email address will not be considered.