Account Manager, Digital Strategy, Global Partnerships
- 50 Bay St, Toronto, ON M5J 2X8, Canada
Maple Leaf Sports & Entertainment (MLSE) one of the world's premier sports and entertainment companies, owns the Toronto Maple Leafs (NHL), Toronto Raptors (NBA), Toronto FC (MLS), Toronto Argonauts (CFL), Toronto Marlies (AHL), Raptors 905 (NBA D-League), TFC II (USL) and Raptors Uprising Gaming Club, the Toronto Raptors Esports franchise in the NBA 2K League. Its charitable arm, MLSE Foundation, focuses on funding initiatives to support youth through sport and recreational programs. In 2017 MLSE Foundation, with support of community and corporate partners, built MLSE LaunchPad, a 42,000-sq. ft. space dedicated to programming that support its four Pillars: Healthy Body, Healthy Mind, Ready For School and Ready For Work.
MLSE also owns and operates Scotiabank Arena, Canada’s premier sports & entertainment venue hosting more than 200 events each year, as well as two digital channels (Leafs Nation Network and NBA TV Canada), and has a partnership with Live Nation (the biggest concert promoter in the world). MLSE has also invested in and operates five of Toronto's sports facilities – Coca-Cola Coliseum, BMO Field, BMO Training Grounds at Downsview Park, home of Toronto FC's Academy and the First Team's practice facility, the Toronto Raptors’ training facility and the Ford Centre for Hockey Excellence, the practice facility for the Maple Leafs and Marlies.
MLSE’s common purpose is to unite and empower employees to deliver extraordinary moments to our fans and each other.
We are looking for a Digital Strategy, Account Manager to join our Global Partnerships vertical to help support our digital transformation.
Reporting to the Digital Strategy Manager, Global Partnerships, you will focus on the development and deployment of Digital marketing partnership programs.
You will contribute your fluency in social platform marketing and digital technologies to identify trends for our partners (including but not limited to Facebook, Instagram, Google, Twitter, AR, VR and In App engagement).
With an integrated communications approach, you will be a creative and organized thought leader inspired to deliver compelling multi-platform marketing solutions for current and prospected partnerships. You are both creative and analytical, and have a passion for digital marketing, social media, emerging technology, and content creation. Your motivation comes from doing exciting new work, that works.
- Manage, support, and build strategic digital marketing partnerships for new and existing MLSE partners
- Lead digital-specific projects and campaigns, varying from content marketing and social strategies, to digital customer journeys and technology-driven initiatives
- Collaborate with a full range of internal resources, from digital product to brand marketing, creative services and beyond, to expand on partner briefs and campaign ideas with digital and social tactics that deliver against client objectives
- Develop campaign user journeys and ecosystems to show how all tactics build upon each other
- Help define success, monitor and measure the performance of digital strategies and tactics
- Participate and support in new business pitches
- Prepare briefs when necessary for internal and external vendors
- Utilize analysis and insights to drive decisions in a way that yields sustained, measurable results
- Speak and present to clients and internal departments about strategic recommendations, sharing knowledge with clients and colleagues to help define industry best practices
- Attention to detail and ability to prioritize your workload, calendar and responsibilities
- Asses digital marketing trends, emerging media, technology and platforms to provide recommendations to capitalize on opportunities
- 4-8 years of experience in digital media, digital strategy, advertising, or marketing/communications
- A desire to create award-winning marketing programs for brands in the sports and entertainment space
- An energetic and positive self-starter that works best under minimal supervision
- Excellent client interpersonal skills, presentation skills and confidence in leading conversations
- A detailed understanding of new media and a desire to stay current on emerging digital platforms and tech
- Ability to think ‘big picture’ in both strategy and execution
- Ability to build and develop professional relationships both inside and outside of the organization with ease
- Thrive in a fast-paced team environment with ability to productively prioritize
- An ongoing awareness and responsiveness to client satisfaction
- Aptitude and enthusiasm for consumer insights and data driven marketing is critical
- Ability to work events (evenings and weekends) as required
- Maintain confidentiality
Apply by: November 26, 2020.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Maple Leaf Sports & Entertainment Partnership will provide reasonable accommodation for qualified individuals with disabilities in the job application process. If you have difficulty using our online application system and you need an accommodation due to a disability, please email [email protected] Please note this email is only for accommodation requests. Resumes sent to this email address will not be considered.