Director, Inclusion & Diversity
- 50 Bay St, Toronto, ON M5J 2X8, Canada
Maple Leaf Sports & Entertainment (MLSE) one of the world's premier sports and entertainment companies, owns the Toronto Maple Leafs (NHL), Toronto Raptors (NBA), Toronto FC (MLS), Toronto Argonauts (CFL), Toronto Marlies (AHL), Raptors 905 (NBA D-League), TFC II (USL) and Raptors Uprising Gaming Club, the Toronto Raptors Esports franchise in the NBA 2K League. Its charitable arm, MLSE Foundation, focuses on funding initiatives to support youth through sport and recreational programs. In 2017 MLSE Foundation, with support of community and corporate partners, built MLSE LaunchPad, a 42,000-sq. ft. space dedicated to programming that support its four Pillars: Healthy Body, Healthy Mind, Ready For School and Ready For Work.
MLSE also owns and operates Scotiabank Arena, Canada’s premier sports & entertainment venue hosting more than 200 events each year, as well as two digital channels (Leafs Nation Network and NBA TV Canada), and has a partnership with Live Nation (the biggest concert promoter in the world). MLSE has also invested in and operates five of Toronto's sports facilities – Coca-Cola Coliseum, BMO Field, BMO Training Grounds at Downsview Park, home of Toronto FC's Academy and the First Team's practice facility, the Toronto Raptors’ training facility and the MasterCard Centre for Hockey Excellence, the practice facility for the Maple Leafs and Marlies.
MLSE’s common purpose is to unite and empower employees to deliver extraordinary moments to our fans and each other.
In this newly crafted position, reporting to the SVP of Human Resources, you will join our team during an exciting time of transformation. As a key leader with reach across the organization, you will collaborate and provide recommendations to a wide variety of partners both internally and externally, and create impactful and long-lasting strategies and programs.
- Act as subject matter expert, change agent, influencer, thought leader, key enabler and champion of our commitment to fostering a workplace culture and environment that is inclusive, diverse, equitable, in order to ultimately provide optimal experience to our fans.
- Provide progressive leadership to create and manage our diversity mission involving strategic planning, coordination and communication of key activities, event and resources management, awareness and training, and reporting program progress and metrics.
- Develop and oversee the execution of innovative and powerful strategies to embed diversity, inclusion and cultural competency across MLSE, including awareness and education initiatives, programs that foster visible leadership commitment, and equity outreach programs.
- Establish, guide and partner with internal employee networks and groups to drive employee engagement and external recruitment efforts.
- Collaborate with internal departments to promote diversity initiatives to employees, leadership, fans, partners and the community.
- Collaborate with league, partner and community organizations’ diversity councils, workgroups and leadership.
- Hold teams accountable to the strategy and drives discipline and good governance, actively challenging and ensuring meaningful progress and reporting.
- Bachelor’s degree in related field; experience in Human Resources, Human Capital Consulting with solid knowledge and working experience with diversity and inclusion initiatives, change management, strategy development and leadership programs.
- Broad range of experience including a keen understanding of how diversity, inclusion and cultural competency prove critical to developing a progressive and equitable workplace.
- Demonstrated track record of success in leading, influencing and executing on significant multi-year strategic organizational diversity change initiatives.
- Passionate, dynamic and strategic leader, with a proven track record of harmonizing strategy, programs and experiences, and ability to influence at all levels.
- In-depth knowledge of leading practices, policies, processes and evaluation tools in diversity and inclusion.
- Expertise in building sustainable business relationships with all levels of leaders and stakeholders through trust, respect, competence and confidence.
- Demonstrated experience in the development and implementation of effective strategies to maximize inter-professional collaboration will also prove pivotal to success in the role
- Strategic and innovative, with the ability to develop tactical plans that deliver results.
- Demonstrable experience in the development and implementation of a cross-functional, multi-stakeholder impactful strategy.
- Experience growing grassroots initiatives with the ability to think strategically and translate business and individual needs into actionable items.
- Flexible self-starter who uses profile, relationships and institutional knowledge to engage the right people to effect the right outcomes.
- Ability to bring challenging topics to the table in a constructive way, and engage stakeholders in coming up with viable impactful solutions.
- Authentic passion for lifelong learning, who stays current with leading and innovative diversity research and topics.
Apply by: Monday, June 15.
Maple Leaf Sports & Entertainment Partnership will provide reasonable accommodation for qualified individuals with disabilities in the job application process. If you have difficulty using our online application system and you need an accommodation due to a disability, please email [email protected] Please note this email is only for accommodation requests. Resumes sent to this email address will not be considered.