Toronto Raptors Community Basketball Development Coach
- 40 Bay St, Toronto, ON M5J 2X2, Canada
Maple Leaf Sports & Entertainment (MLSE) one of the world's premier sports and entertainment companies, owns the Toronto Maple Leafs (NHL), Toronto Raptors (NBA), Toronto FC (MLS), Toronto Argonauts (CFL), Toronto Marlies (AHL), Raptors 905 (NBA D-League), TFC II (USL) and Raptors Uprising Gaming Club, the Toronto Raptors Esports franchise in the NBA 2K League. Its charitable arm, MLSE Foundation, focuses on funding initiatives to support youth through sport and recreational programs. In 2017 MLSE Foundation, with support of community and corporate partners, built MLSE LaunchPad, a 42,000-sq. ft. space dedicated to programming that support its four Pillars: Healthy Body, Healthy Mind, Ready For School and Ready For Work.
MLSE also owns and operates Scotiabank Arena, Canada’s premier sports & entertainment venue hosting more than 200 events each year, as well as two digital channels (Leafs Nation Network and NBA TV Canada), and has a partnership with Live Nation (the biggest concert promoter in the world). MLSE has also invested in and operates five of Toronto's sports facilities – Coca-Cola Coliseum, BMO Field, BMO Training Grounds at Downsview Park, home of Toronto FC's Academy and the First Team's practice facility, the Toronto Raptors’ training facility and the MasterCard Centre for Hockey Excellence, the practice facility for the Maple Leafs and Marlies.
MLSE’s common purpose is to unite and empower employees to deliver extraordinary moments to our fans and each other.
As a valuable member of the Toronto Raptors Community Coaches team, you will be responsible for instructing youth and amateur athletes through on-court skill development and assisting with the execution of the 2020 Toronto Raptors Basketball Academy.
- Plan and lead on-court training sessions (ie. Passing, Dribbling, Defense etc.) for 40 children of all ages and abilities at Toronto Raptors Basketball Academy.
- Adhere to MLSE service standards and policies.
- Work in compliance with the provisions of the Occupational Health & Safety Act.
- Other duties as required.
- Must be able to provide NCCP #
- Must have the NCCP course FUNdamentals completed
- NCCP courses that are an asset: Learn to Train and Fundamental Movement Skills
- Must be able to provide a clear Vulnerable Sector Background Check
- Must be able to provide two (2) reference letters
- Must be available for the 2020 Raptors Basketball Academy from July 27-July 31, 2020 from 8:00 am-6:00 pm at Humber College North Campus + 2 training days prior to the Academy start date
- Energy is what makes our staff so special. You must be energetic and charismatic
- Must be self-motivated and professional
- Must have excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Must work well under pressure and be able to multi-task effectively
- Previous experience coaching or playing basketball is an asset
- Previous experience as a camp counsellor or youth leader is an asset
- Previous experience in Physical Education, Teaching or Supervisory roles are an asset
Apply by: February 28, 2020.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Maple Leaf Sports & Entertainment Partnership will provide reasonable accommodation for qualified individuals with disabilities in the job application process. If you have difficulty using our online application system and you need an accommodation due to a disability, please email [email protected] Please note this email is only for accommodation requests. Resumes sent to this email address will not be considered.