Medical Accounts Receivable Specialist
- Colorado Springs, CO, USA
MGA Homecare specializes in providing private duty nursing, personal care services, and therapy to the medically complex population. We deliver high-quality care in the home and community-based setting, the setting which is the lowest cost to the payers. We aim to be the employer of choice and the partner of choice to referral sources, state government agencies, and health plans. We currently provide care in Arizona, Colorado, and Texas, with a plan to grow into new states and markets.
Reports directly to Director of Finance and is responsible for collecting, posting, and managing account payments for the organization by submitting claims and following up with insurance companies.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Draft invoice batches for each location and review for missing information and corrections for:
- Billing codes
- ID numbers
- Doctor orders
- Verify invoices with missing authorization codes have valid authorization.
- Create spreadsheets for missing authorization or information, then submit to appropriate person at each location.
- Finalize invoices that do not have any discrepancies.
- Export non AHCCS invoices and Submit AHCCS invoices to 3rd party for review.
- Enter required invoices into Texas Medicaid portal.
- Print Paper invoices.
- Create Unbilled billable report with explanation for each unbilled invoice.
- Check Emdeon website weekly to ensure all submitted claims are being processed.
- Document all conversations and billing transactions in the management system.
- Recognize and analyze billing and collections problems.
- Communicate effectively with staff and management.
- Appropriately perform all other duties assigned by Finance Manager or Director of Finance.
- Supports and executes the mission, ethics, and goals of the company effectively.
- Represents themselves in a positive and professional manner in the company and community.
- Adheres to dress code with a clean and neat professional appearance.
- Reports on time and as scheduled in order to complete work within designated time.
- Adhere to all company policies and procedures outlined in Employee Handbook, Employee Agreement, or communicated from executive team.
- Knowledge of Billing and Collections procedures
- Strong attention to detail and goal oriented
- Excellent written and verbal communication abilities
- Maintain strict confidentiality; adhering to all HIPAA guidelines and regulations
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.