PEDIATRIC HOMECARE PTA
- Colorado Springs, CO, USA
About MGA Homecare
Are you looking for a work environment where you are fully supported in developing your skills and pursuing your career path?
Do you enjoy working with a diverse patient population?
Are you looking to be a part of a highly skilled team of healthcare professionals who are committed to providing the highest level of care to those in need?
If so, MGA is the place for you!!!
MGA is a Home Healthcare organization that specializes in providing professional home healthcare services including nursing and occupational, physical, and speech therapy to those in need within our community. Our mission is to help patients and their families by delivering exceptional clinical care with individualized attention and support.
A Physical Therapist Assistant provides coordinated physical therapy to patients of all age groups under the supervision of a Physical Therapist in compliance with applicable laws, regulations and policies of MGA.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Administers the physical therapy treatment plan as developed by the Occupational Therapist.
- Accepts clinical assignments that are consistent with education and competence to care for patients.
- Apply concepts of infection control and universal precautions in coordinating/performing patient care activities to prevent contamination and transmission of disease.
- Provide effective communication to patient/family, team members, and other health care professionals as evidenced by clinical notes, case conferences and communication notes.
- Provide health education to client and/or caregiver.
- MGA Policies, Procedures and Handbook are adhered to.
- Notes are completed accurately and submitted as per respective policies and procedures.
- Clinical documentation must be turned in per agency guidelines.
- Represents themselves in a positive and professional manner in the company and community.
- Adheres to dress code with a clean and neat professional appearance.
- Reports on time and as scheduled in order to complete work within designated time.
- Participation in Agency’s other mandated activities as requested by Agency Director such as In-services.
- The work environment is highly variable, as care is generally provided in private homes.
- Lighting, acoustics, air quality, temperature and environment hazards are not predictable.
- The employee is occasionally exposed to wet and/or humid conditions, household pets/animals, fumes or airborne particles and toxic or caustic chemicals.
- The employee is required to travel frequently to complete home health visits.
- Graduate of an Accredited School
- Current state license as a Physical Therapy Assistant
- Reliable Transportation
- Professional experience required per state regulations
- Current CPR certification per state regulations
- Successful completion of appropriate screening tests with passing rate
- Displays good observation skills and judgement as well as good oral and written communication skills.
- Physical Requirements
- Ability to regularly sit, stand, stop, bend, kneel, walk, balance, crouch, crawl, push, pull and reach with hands and arms and other physical activities as deemed necessary by job duties.
- Vision and Hearing capabilities within normal limits, with or without aid.
- Ability to frequently life and or move up to 15 pounds and occasionally lift or move 100 pounds or more if applicable.
- Ability to perform the anticipated level of physical assist required to provide safe client care. If the anticipated level of assist is greater than that which the employee can safely provide, the supervisor is to be notified immediately.
Other attributes welcome:
As an MGA Therapist you can expect
- Competitive weekly pay
- Create your own work schedule (full and part time available)
- Benefits (medical, dental, vision, life, and more)
- 401k with company match
- Telemedicine opportunity (training provided)
- Personal tablet and keyboard provided for charting
- Mentorship and skills training available
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.