- Pueblo, CO, USA
MGA Homecare specializes in providing private duty nursing, personal care services, and therapy to the medically complex population. We deliver high-quality care in the home and community-based setting, the setting which is the lowest cost to the payers. We aim to be the employer of choice and the partner of choice to referral sources, state government agencies, and health plans. We currently provide care in Arizona, Colorado, and Texas, with a plan to grow into new states and markets.
The BLS Instructor must have a current American Heart Association (AHA) Instructor certification to teach the Basic Life Support (BLS) for healthcare provider class & BLS sessions.
Instructor work descriptions:
- Educate students on proper CPR technique for the adult, child, and infant population.
- Educate students on life-saving skills of choking victims and provide training on AED usage.
- Complete demonstrations and administer tests.
- Set up classroom and assure safe and proper operations of equipment.
- Emphasize team collaboration and interdisciplinary communication.
- Ensure thorough sanitation/cleaning of all equipment prior to and after class.
- Provide authentic certification from the American Heart Association.
- provide at least two sets of 30 compressions with the adequate rate (100-120 compressions/min) and depth (2 inches)
- Medical background or previous CPR training preferred and BLS.
- Must have or attain AHA BLS instructor certification.
- Dynamic and energetic, self-motivated, and embraces an ever-changing environment.
- Friendly and outgoing attitude to maintain a fun feel in class.
- Attention to detail and great organizational skills.
- Professionalism in appearance, social media engagement, and language while around peers.
- An attitude of willingness to pitch in.
- Ability to teach in front of a small group no larger than 9 people
- Strong time management skills.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.