RN - Clinical Supervisor
- Fort Worth, TX, USA
MGA Homecare specializes in providing private duty nursing, personal care services, and therapy to the medically complex population. We deliver high-quality care in the home and community-based setting, the setting which is the lowest cost to the payers. We aim to be the employer of choice and the partner of choice to referral sources, state government agencies, and health plans. We currently provide care in Arizona, Colorado, and Texas, with a plan to grow into new states and markets.
Reports directly to the Director of Clinical Services and is responsible for the care coordination of the clinical population and Clinical Case Managers. Responsible for admissions and recertification assessments, including supporting documentation, as assigned. Ensures compliance with MGA, Department of Health Service policies and procedures, and policies of accrediting agencies. Responsible for maintaining compliance with all reimbursement guidelines. Participates in program development and implementation.
Duties and Responsibilities
• Under the direction of the Director of Clinical Services - plans, organizes, and manages the provision of patient care and Clinical Case Managers.
• Acts as a first line manager for designated staff and assists with patient care as needed.
• Day to day management of provider issues and care delivery.
• Contributes to improving quality and consistency of patient care & experience.
• Evaluates quality of care, patient satisfaction and compliance.
• Facilitates Care Coordination Meetings and provides leadership in problem solving and gives professional advice from a clinical perspective.
• Reviews, implements and interprets clinical policies and procedures as directed by DOCS.
• Serves as a clinical lead at relevant clinical and departmental meetings.
• Enforces and demonstrates compliance with all State and Federal regulations.
• Communication with case managers (State funded programs, Medicaid, and third party payors), clinical updates, and ensuring continuing authorizations and re-verification of eligibility.
• Compliance and participation in the continuing quality improvement and utilization review of organizational services.
• Supports and executes the mission, ethics, and goals of the company effectively. o Represents themselves in a positive and professional manner in the company and community.
o Adheres to dress code with a clean and neat professional appearance.
o Reports as scheduled in order to complete work within designated time.
o Adheres to all company policies and procedures outlined in the Employee Handbook, Employee Agreement, or communicated from Human Resources.
• Maintain a steady patient caseload.
• Interview and screen candidates.
• Aid in terminations, coaching, education and counseling of field staff.
• Assist in the management of complaint intakes, track and follow-up.
• Meet and greet potential new cases
• Participates in QAPI/PAC as appropriate
• Assist with QA audits as needed/ when appropriate
• Takes and active role during in-services meetings to promote team re-education and compliance.
• Other duties as assigned
• Current state license as a Registered Nurse, BSN preferred.
• Minimum of 2 years of nursing experience in a Home Health or Acute setting required.
• Minimum 3-5 years of clinical management/supervision preferred.
• Demonstrate leadership capabilities with strong supervisory and interpersonal skills.
• Detail oriented, flexible, good organizational and time management skills.
• Ability to pass background check and drug screen.
• Fingerprint card
• Current CPR card and current health certificate.
• Current state driver’s license and automobile insurance.
• Possess excellent written and oral communication skills, interpersonal skills, and ability to work both individually and as part of a team in a fast paced, professional environment.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.